Object to 200 New Homes Proposed Near Crossway With No Planned New Infrastructure
WGC have proposed to build nearly 200 new homes, see attached map. Reference Numbers are:- WGC6, WGC6a and WGC10.
The deadline for comments or to sign the petition is by 5pm Friday 21st June 2019
Our objections are to these sites are :-
1. Congestion; too many vehicles entering a sought after residential area; access would be a problem with large vehicles coming and going and would be a nuisance in every way.
2. Destruction of the habitat of wildlife (including bats, a protected species), beautiful trees and vegetation, which is a living nature reserve.
3. Destruction of a quiet pleasant residential area with increased traffic noise and pollution.
4. Danger of pollution to both adults and children, as new homes will be too close to motorway with heavy traffic and its carbon footprint will be detrimental to the area.
5. Any large scale development is against the preservation and conservation of the area, contrary to the ethos of Welwyn Garden City and Estate Management policy.
6. Access road has no pavements, road is not lit.
7. Additional risk to school children who use Crossway to be collected by parents. Knightsfield already has traffic slowing measures in place.
8. Woods are used by dog walkers who would be impacted.
Please sign the petition!!
Debbie Coe - Resident of Crossway Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|