Save the night train from Denmark to Europe

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the night train from Denmark to Europe.

2014-10-10 08:09

I use night trains whenever possible. The best way for reaching my destination when giving presentations. And it is already obnoxious the way connections are removed.

2014-10-11 09:44

Warum denkt Ihr, dass eine Einschränkung des Angebotes der Bahn deren Attraktivität steigert?
Für uns bedeutet das einen Verlust von zwei vollen Tagen bei einer Reise von weniger als einer Woche. Wochenendreisen sind damit sowieso ausgeschlossen. Wir werden in Zukunft wohl fliegen müssen.

2014-10-13 11:03

I used exactly this connenction in the past and I use(d) CNL trains frequently for business trips and holidays. You get out of the train on the morning in the middle of a city, short to your business meeting. You get out and your holiday begins without any further hassle. It would be a shame if I would be forced to use airplanes for such short distances.

2014-10-14 11:00

Train + bicycle is a very powerful combination, especially for long distances and holidays. More and more people share cars for errands or short periods, but search other means of transport for their holidays. Multimodality is the mobility of the future. Young people know it, but it's up to managers and politicians to take this opportunity.

ECF

#155 The European Cyclists' Federation supports this initiative.

2014-10-14 14:09

Bike users - tourism, recreational, commuting - all need accompanying infrastructure and services to be totally effective for the entire population. We've been running stories about bike carriage on trains lately. ECF wants as many people cycling as possible, and as often as they can. This means a solid provision of public transport - international rail included. It would be a shame to see these services discontinued. They simply make sense for today, for tomorrow, for the development of a better mobility.

Diembla

2014-10-14 16:03

Night trains are one part of the solution, with bikes
less cars and more taxes on gas!

2014-10-15 15:44

I was on the night train to and from Denmark last week and heard about the decision to close it down. That means, the next time I will have no other choice than to take the plane when travelling for work. This way we will not be able to reach the climate goals. Night trains are important for business travelling. But a shower would be nice...

2014-10-16 08:47

Rettet die Nachtzüge!!!
vélorutionnaire

#159 Cyclist travelling by train

2014-10-16 21:09

I did Geneva Hirtshals and Copenhagen Geneva by this train, one of the best part of my travel. July and August on this blog: velorutiongeneve point blogspot point ch

MOa

#160 EU: Improve and widen night train service in Europe

2014-10-18 17:45

Slow and ground travel instead of highspeed and lost in Air
www.bahn-fuer-alle.de

Keep up the fight for better public train transport
www.vcd.org/nachtzuege.html

Help to Stop rail-infrastructure-destruction Stuttgart21:
https://www.facebook.com/stuggartliner

2014-10-23 16:15

Our family spend very nice holidays with the nightrain of DB german rail in Denmark and we are all very disappointed that this would not be possible next year!

Familie Kamleitner-Schuldt, D-79312 Emmendingen, Asternweg 31

2014-10-23 19:57

Da ich an Flugangstleide möchte ich, dass die Nachtzüge der City Night Line von der SCHWEIZ nach Dänemark aufrechterhalten bleiben. Auch finde ich das es sinnvoller ist für die Umwelt per Zug anstatt mit den Billig Airlines zu Reisen !!!
Svante

#163 Send an e-mail protest to DB!

2014-10-28 05:56

There is an e-mail protest to save the European night Trains 

The initiativ comes from Friends of the Earth Sweden

http://www.jordensvanner.se/trafik/save-the-european-night-trains

2014-10-28 08:01

Use your brain go by train is more true that ever

2014-10-28 10:37

Kunne nogle tænke af jer tænke jer at støtte en anden jernbane som vi gerne vil have gang i igen?

Så støt med en underskrift her :)

http://www.skrivunder.net/bevar_grindstedbanen

2014-10-28 13:45

In eight years time I have been travelling from Sweden to France every year, using bus or train. Everybody makes fun of me because this decision is not economically rational, takes time, is tiring... No effort is made by train companies to promote train travels through Europe or even to makes it available. This with the noticeable exception of DB that has a very good customer service for buying multiple tickets in different country. Now even Die Bahn is giving up on train solutions... Who will believe in it.
I am left with the hard choice of not seing my relatives any more or flying despite my environmental ethics. C'mon! Air traffic must reduce drastically, not train communications!!

2014-10-28 20:13

To bad when wanting to save nature but not cut down on travelling.

2014-10-29 13:34

Electric Trains are the future, especially in environmental terms - their carbon footprints are far, far less than internal combustion vehicles. The land-grab is less than for highways and support structures, and the cost per transported passenger (when reflected fairly in fares) is far less than private transport. Win-win-win.

2014-11-02 09:56

no to the "all plane"
Sue -Newbury UK

2014-11-02 13:47

It is a great shame that this service is being discontinued as it seems such a great way to travel. Good luck for tonight.

2014-11-09 22:50

No night line connection to Copenhagen at all, that is ridiculous!!! Such a nice connection over the night, which saves a lot of time! With that procedure the "Bahn" will definitely loose further confidence of the consumers. Why do not establishing a night train which runs every second day??? That would be at least an acceptable compromise!

2014-11-14 09:54

Thank you so much! The night train to Kopenhagen is the key to travelling to northern Skandinavia by train!!! It is a very important piece in a puzzle of train connections.
Thanks for your work!

2014-11-14 10:02

Wie wunderbar, entspannend und praktisch das Reisen im Nachtzug ist. Und am morgen ist man einigermassen ausgeruht am Ziel! Ganz zu schweigen von der Ökologie...
Diese Reiseform muss unbedingt erhalten und auch beworben werden!

2014-11-17 10:58

Pourquoi supprimer ce qui correspond à un besoin des clients?

2014-11-20 13:49

I sign this petition because I support this train and night trains in general. I like traveling by night train because it is comfortable and pleasant, romantic and environmentally friendly. Instead of abolishing night trains the trains should become more modern, for example with Talgo units, special railcar systems for Denmark and for the ferries or modern night trains like in Russia, USA or China. Also concepts like cosy class seat coaches, single roomette cars or lower and upper berths parallel to the window would be considerable. Also a bar, bistro or restaurant shouldn't be missing. Otherwise the long distance coaches will become a severe competitor. I have also just tried night coach connections - travelling was quite fine... Imagine - when coaches become more comfortable like e. g. the sleeping buses "ônibus leito" in Brazil with business class like seats then the situation for the railway companies will really become difficult...