We are petitioning the Florida Governor, Charlie Christ to investigate the decision made by the Leon

Aretha Black

#1 Sexual Predator Label on a fourteen year old child.

2010-08-06 15:35

I feel that this is really unfair and unjust, given the circumstances of the entire arrest, trial, and sentence.  When reading the police report on this, it's easy to spot all of the inconsistency in the alledged victim's statement.

Even if the courts saw it fit to charge the boys with a sexual offense in this case, I don't feel that Sexual Predator should have even been considered.  The judge on this case stated, in open court, that he believed that Darius, who is the youngest of the boys accused, was the "Leader" and if he(the judge) had his way, he would have sentenced Darius to 30 years in prison for this crime.  That statement broke my heart!  He was only 14...What a statement for a judge, supposedly an honorable person, to make to a child...right in front of his "God-Fearing mother and grandmother.  We really need your support on this.

Thank you and God bless you all!

Vidal Q. Green

#2 Justice for DARIUS!!!!

2010-08-06 16:31

This is an unjust chain of events that has sent Darius' family into an uproar and has also tainted our feelings and belief in the justice system (rightfully so)!!! No one can genuinely sypmathize with this young man until he has walked at least a half of a mile in his shoes! I am one who does believe in second chances and or Rehabilitation and seemingly Darius isn't being obliged with these options! Darius is a MAN now and should be  able to co-exist in society just as the next MAN with all rights and privileges! Where is the justice and humanity for this young man???? Over the last 8+ years the laws that has been set forth to protect "The People" has FAILED Darius Robinson on so many levels.....SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!

SISTER ABBY

#3 MEDIATE WITH YOUR HEART FOR A YOUNG MAN LIFE!

2010-08-07 02:13

WE THE PEOPLE, BELIEVE IN THE LAW. WE EXPECT THE LAW TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! NOW ADAY, THERE IS NO HEART IN THE SYSTEM ANYMORE. IT DONOT MATTER IF THEY ARE BLACK OR WHITE! WHAT HAPPEN TO THE LAWYER'S PUTTING THEIR HEART INTO THEIR WORK FOR THEIR CLIENT? WHY CAN'T A RIGHT BE MADE WHERE THEIR WAS A WRONG? I PRAY THAT WHEN YOU TOOK YOUR OAT,THAT YOU MEANT IT WHEN YOU SAID YOU ARE FOR THE PEOPLE. WHICH PEOPLE ARE YOU FOR? IS IT FOR THE ONES THAT DON'T CARE WHEATER A  CHILD IS TREATED UNFAIRLY, OR, FOR A CHILD WHO HAD TO BECOME A MAN IN PRISON CAUSE THE SYSTEM FAILED HIM! I PRAY THAT JUSTICE BE DONE IN THIS CASE!

LaTonya Jackson

#4 THANK YOU!

2010-08-07 23:01

We the family of Darius, thank you for your heartfelt signatures. We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read and sign this petition. We are grateful. God bless you.