Help save MHDL

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Help save MHDL.

2014-10-07 16:03

this is so dumb. why make it so people have to go to the hospital to get tests done when there are other equally qualified places? the hospital has enough patients that are in need of immediate testing. there will not be enough parking and staff at the lab in the hospital if the demand for it more than doubles?? makes no sense.

2014-10-07 16:20

Can you imagine the caouse there will be at the hospital! you can not get close now and find a parking spot plus the consideration of all the residents that live in that area. All service in the hospital right now have a rediculess waiting time oh well I have nothing better to do with my tax payng daller but to by a place in the line up, maybe I can pick up the new iphone while I am there and wont have to stand in another line.

2014-10-07 16:21

If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

2014-10-07 16:22

I have to get my bloodwork analyzed every 3 months for liver function. I am usually in and out of the MHDL on 7th street in Med Hat in 20 min. To have to go to the hospital, pay for parking, wait for an extremely long time and not get my test results to my Dr in a week is not going to be acceptable to me.
Please reconsider leaving this lab open.

2014-10-07 16:25

Ludicrous decision to close the MH medical lab. 70 jobs lost, plus significant inconvenience for sick, and aged.

2014-10-07 16:44

Wait times are already ridiculous.

2014-10-07 17:25

My mother and sister have a life threatening and very rare type of cancer. These labs are where they have their regular blood checks in order to keep tabs on their health. When I saw this link posted of Facebook along with the many concerned civilians who have commented, it breaks my heart that the city would actually consider shutting them down. You have no idea how convenient the labs accessibility is to all those who visit. The aged, the terminally ill etc. The lab saves so many of Medicine Hats civilians the hassle and emotional/physical detress of having to travel else where for blood work. On behalf of myself and alk who agree, please don't close the labs.

Destiny Price

2014-10-07 17:28

A city growing to over 60,000 and they have one place to do lab work now?? This is not about accreditation, it is about money. Not serving the people at all in this city.

2014-10-07 17:51

This will not work, the hospital is busy enough, and to park even near will be impossible.What about the Nursing homes, are those people going to be left out.This is plan stupidity on Alberta's health care.WE ARE NOT A LITTLE VILLAGE.

2014-10-07 17:59

Totally stupid I see it would save money but what about the wait times already. Those fasting may starve to death before being seen.

2014-10-07 18:24

No parking! Ppl losing jobs! Inconvenient for seniors! Come on Medicine Hat.. Let's look at the entire picture!!!!!

2014-10-07 18:27

This is terrible. As a parent of a young son who is immune compromised due to cancer treatment we have relied on the amazing ladies with the mobile lab service to come into our home and draw his blood so we can avoid the germs of a waiting room. To many people sitting in a waiting room, ESPECIALLY at the hospital, is life threatening! My heart goes out to all the wonderful staff and everyone this poor decision will affect.

2014-10-07 18:56

It might be useful if the improvement in service, if any, will be achieved by the intended closing of the existing offices. The current number of visits to each office already requires extended wait times for everyone. That is not an indication of poor service by the staff, but an indicator of the large volume of work that is needed each day. If this change does not improve on service times, why is it being considered?

2014-10-07 19:03

What is wrong with this Government taking money AWAY from Healthcare and Education! No wonder you found a surplus! How about you put it back and leave well enough alone!! Give them a budget they can actually use! Elderly people use labs as it's more convenient for them as well as children, adults, working people and non working people. These Lab Tests will lose their jobs/lifestyle! How about you take a year of pensions away and you people who are taking money away and closing facilities that we the general people, and who pay YOUR salaries,use and need! I'm not to thrilled,thinking in the future for my children's future, and Canada loses all its wealth because of the Government!!!

#40 Re:

2014-10-07 19:23

#11: -  

I totally agree.  At least AHS could guarantee these professionals their jobs.  Why should they have to apply for their positions when the government makes these outrageous decisions.  Have the employees of AHS spent a day at the lab to see how efficient it is.  Why break something that is not broken!  Where is the supposedly money savings going?  I would imagine to AHS employees.  They get a raise for making other lives stressful.

2014-10-07 19:34

This is very sad. These labs have brought outstanding service and are easy access to those of us that find it difficult to get around.

2014-10-07 19:36

Absolutely ridiculous for AHS to even consider closing these labs. I suggest they go to them and see for themselves how busy they really are and what having all those people waiting would do to the situation at the hospital if they were to go ahead. THINK AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A SMART PLAN!!!!

2014-10-07 19:59

My aging and disabled mother uses this lab and it's close to her home. I would hate to see this lab gone, it would make it so much harder on her.

2014-10-07 20:11

Hmmm, I really don't know what AHS was thinking when they made the decision to close these labs. I can't imagine everyone that has to get lab tests done going to the hospital, having to find parking where there isn't any parking available, walking such a long distance to get to the lab, waiting in long lineups in a hospital, possibly putting thousands of people at risk of contagious diseases, having to pay for parking. How about people who have to work, they can't take half the day off for a blood test. It will be extremely difficult for mom's with young children, senior citizens, the mentally and physically handicapped, and people who are ill. I realize that AHS said that they would hire some of the people from the labs they are closing, but how many will lose their jobs? Perhaps AHS should have consulted our community before making such a drastic and foolish decision.

2014-10-07 20:41

this government really does suck .They need to get a life and stop acting like americans ,we are suppose to have the best health care but we are moveing backward

2014-10-07 21:05

This is absolutely disgusting!! There is not enough room to park at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital at any time; let alone for an additional 1,000 people a day going for Blood Work!! Leave well enough alone! Keep the clinics we now have for blood work. It is also way too far to drive & a great inconvenient for the residents of Medicine Hat & Area!!!

#47 Re:

2014-10-07 22:27

#2: -  

Could not agree more. Our city of 66 000 people now only have one evening clinic from 6-8. This is getting rediculous for a city f our size along with all the surrounding communities that come here for medical attention. We need doctors.

2014-10-07 22:27

Parking at the hospital,is as bad as it could get now.
What a mess this will bring,if 1000's of us are trying to get a blood test...and there is no where to park.
Think this over!!!

2014-10-07 22:55

AHS has come out today and said they will maintain community collection. I am sure this is an after thought due to the unforeseen criticism they are facing. Maybe they should have a plan in place before they announce changes.

2014-10-07 23:41

we have to stand up and say no more to this Government!! We may not be Calgary, but we are tired of being pushed aside