Overturn John Orem running for Berkeley Co Sheriff

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Overturn John Orem running for Berkeley Co Sheriff.

2016-08-03 18:57

I signed this petition because he is running for a county position, as Sheriff you are supposed to a roll model, he is unfit for this job

2016-08-03 18:59

He is a drug addict really he needs to be in jail PERIOD, NOT THE SHERIFF

2016-08-03 19:45

I signed this petition because I do not want somebody that does drugs for Sheriff .

2016-08-03 20:05

We, as citizens of Berkeley County, do not want or need this kind of person serving as our Sheriff. There is already a very bad drug epidemic going on here & we do not deserve this!!

2016-08-03 21:18

Running for Sheriff, received two doses of Narcan from Herion OD's. Smh, this is what Berkeley County needs? Lets fix our communities drug problem by placing someone who has a drug problem into a leadership position. Not sure how that works...

2016-08-04 01:04

I am blown away by what has transpired in the past few days by a man that has had quite a few incidents over the years in this area but still felt that he could run for Sheriff of Berkeley County. Please, if you haven't already, sign this petition & let's put an end to this one man's path of destruction before he does any more harm.

2016-08-04 01:17

No person with drug charges should be a sheriff or police or in any kind of government office

2016-08-04 01:20

We need a protector to lead our county, not a contributor to crime!

2016-08-04 02:03

Why would anyone want a drug addict for a sheriff?????

2016-08-04 02:54

I feel he should not be able to run for sheriff for our county. He is going against everything this town is trying to do. He has disrespected our county and put our police in danger. He should be held at the fullest charges held by law as any other citizen and his rights to run for sheriff be taken away

2016-08-04 03:01

I never voted for him nor would I EVER. But he is def not what we need, I have said that from the first time he ever ran. We need role models and someone who is going to fight the drug epidemic not have a hand in using them.

2016-08-04 03:10

He is NOT ABOVE THE LAW! He needs help with his drug problem and its time for him to man up and tell the truth! I do not want him as the Sheriff !! Berkeley Co needs a strong leader. It sounds alot like Orem and his family are in denial about the herion addiction. Sad!

2016-08-04 03:32

We want someone who will work to end the drug problems not someone with a drug problem

2016-08-04 03:48

The sheriff is supposed to be a person who is a role model, and a leader for our county and the deputies, we have a bad problem now with drugs, we surely do not need a sheriff that was given the shot to save his life not once but TWICE by paramedics. We need a honest sheriff and JOHN OREM IS NOT HONEST AND DOES NOT NEED TO BE SHERIFF, we need a HONEST sheriff

2016-08-04 03:51

We need someone who can help clean up our drug sickened county... Mr. Orem needs to disc focus on his recovery... I have a hard time believing he od'd on prescription opioids BC why would he refuse a drug test??

2016-08-04 04:01

We have enough problems in Berkeley County with illegal drugs. Wr don't need a sheriff with drug issues. Someone like SCOTT MYERS would be so much more trust worthy!

2016-08-04 04:57

Because he is a fake!

2016-08-04 09:05

He need rehab, He should not be sheriff 

Hate liars

2016-08-04 09:53

I feel that he is liar about his use of Herion. He OD 2 times in less than 24 hours given Narcan to revive him. That cost the tax payers $5,000 each time its given.

2016-08-04 12:51

The last thing that we need is someone whom is Ir responsible such as Mr. Orem. He has showed his true colors Time and time again and that's not someone we need to be keeping us safe when he can't even keep him self safe.... There is other candidates that better fit the position then him by far. He is a joke how he belittles, intimidates, and insults people's intelligence. He doesn't deserve nothing except to be treated as if he was one of us and if we ever got into trouble. His title holds no accountability and hopefully never Will!
Mom

2016-08-04 12:59

If by chance, and I think it will be slim now, he gets elected...he needs to take a hair sample test to verify he isn't using...everyone else has to take drug test for a job, he shouldn't be any different.....prove to everyone he isn't a lying druggie!

2016-08-04 12:59

We need a sheriff who is capable of realizing he needs help before he can be placed into an authoritative position where he will assess others' needs. The time for denial is over.

2016-08-04 13:18

He wasn't right for the job before. Only way he get nominated as Republican candidate was because so many ran against him. Many more people voted against him than for him. Now everyone can see his integrity on display. Would you want him coming into your house on a call as sheriff? 

2016-08-04 13:36

Because this family is in denial. The wife is a helpless enabler who thinks she can pray it all away! The man needs help for his addiction AND denial, before he can sheriff a county! He is lying about the circumstances. He needs to step down, get some help and run again in 4 years as a 'hero who has walked a mile in heroin shoes"

2016-08-04 13:44

He does not deserve to run he was busted & still wants to run? Why he should deserve what every other drug addict gets