Re-Open Old Vista University Campuses...!!!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Re-Open Old Vista University Campuses...!!!!.

2012-01-11 13:56

VISTA University walked the talk of Goverment" access to education"

SA Youth need access to education to make this country economically viable,reduce statiscs of youth unemployment and masses of economically active youth loittering in the streets and sheebens/ taverns and stimulate SA GDP.

Lehlogedi-la-Africa

#2 Re:

2012-01-11 15:40

#1: -  

That is the reason WHY I started this petition so that we can go back to the culture of learning and teaching. This will help the black child to regain his/her confidence and know their purpose....

2012-01-12 07:32

this a step in the right direction to resotre what was once a treasure for a black leaner.

2012-01-18 12:27

I do not only believe that this petition should be signed only by Vista students. I believe that every person out there who believes very strongly in the need for education and the need for more black professionals should be signing this petition.

Thanks Rider for the effort.

2012-01-18 12:59

I am not a ex Vista but i support the notion because this is also happening at the North University. There used to be part time students especially those who work during the day but since the merge those benefits have been transfered to the Potch Campus.

2012-01-18 15:12

Vista University added more value not only to the lives of former students but by also upgrading the status of the areas they were situated at. The campuses were in touch with community realities and contributed in terms of intellectual capacity and resource sharing with the neighbouring stakeholders such as schools. East Rand Campus was a pride of Daveyton and the neighbouring townships such as Thema, Brakpan and others. The institution acted as motivator for students in primary and high schools. Parents looked up to the institution for the future of their children. Our campus in the East Rand and other Vista compasses enjoyed support from Organisations such as BMF as well as business community in close proximity in the quest for the developmental role as stakeholders to the success of our communities in alleviating crime, hunger and poverty just to name the few.
It cannot be ruled out that the incorporation of Vista University into other university let to failure of our fellow brothers and sisters to further their education. The resent overcrowding at the gate sites of universities in trying to secure admission clearly shows the need for the type of organisation Vista University had in the whole spectrum of admission of students in the Institutions of higher learning. Some of us are professionals in big companies mainly because of Vista University.
The remedy to the current situation regarding our education imperatives cannot ignore the persistent need for reopening of Vista University. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, we had a working university campus system, so let us go back to the system to avoid waiting time and other associated resources. Comment by Mahlagaume Reuben Matlala former student Vista East Rand Campus. Emai:matlalmr@telkom.co.za

#7 Re:

2012-01-19 15:48

#4: -  

Agreed, maybe we must start pushing to everyone the you know in your network and see how the response will be.

Thanks

2012-01-26 09:40

if only everyone in the public would take an interest in the future of our kids then situations like the one in UJ will be avoided. People fail to notice that lately we have more children matriculating but yet tertiary institutions have not increased actually some have been close down due to funding or lack of proper planning and management. we all want to see our children have the best in life, and this includes proper tertiary education and this is not entirely in the hands of our goverment, we also play a major role. It is up to me and you, so you decide!

2012-01-26 10:27

Education is important and everyone needs to be given an opportunity to enter into a tertiary institution and uplift themselves and the family.
Critical

2012-01-26 12:16

Hi Rider,

What you raising is very important and profound but what I find disturbing is the fact that your petition site states that you can buy degrees. This to me seems immoral and conflicting of what your saying.

#11 Re:

2012-01-26 15:08

#10: Critical -  

Well, I think that should not disturb us on our mission. That is just business for advertising on this website because businessmen know that this site is visited by many people. That does not mean that people must buy degrees... :)

2012-01-30 08:17

Let us stand up & help the under privillaged to achieve something in life!!!

2012-06-13 23:25

True that

#14 The Legend Of Korra Episode 10

2012-06-14 15:21

Vista- product

#15 15

2013-05-09 07:41

Re-opening Old Vista University campuses will ensure high levels of Skills Development and empowerment of Black people.
Bontle

2013-07-15 19:18

i wanted 2 complete my degree but because of the merger i couldnt because the curriculum has changed so all the subjects that i passed at Vista and the time ive spent there was just a waste of time coz i must start from scratch