SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2014-01-24 18:03

Please help save this FAMILY buisness, everyone who has/does or will work at harehatch sheeplands you are all family. We will be strong,we will be proud and we will fight together as a FAMILY unit.

2014-01-24 22:04

Hare hatch Sheeplands is an an amazing place for everyone of all ages, full of friendly and loving staff members! Save Sheeplands!

2014-01-24 22:07

Hare hatch Sheeplands is a special business run by amazing people who care a great deal for their customers and employees.

2014-01-25 00:46

HHS is a valued  part of both the local community and surrounding area.An independent business that provides jobs for many people and income for their suppliers, who will all lose out if the council cannot reach a reasonable compromise as they appeared to have done for the travelers site just a few yards away on a 'green field'area now being tarmacked over!

2014-01-25 01:03

We travel over 20 miles to visit this fantastic garden centre in order to buy fresh produce from the best farm shop in the county and to eat healthy homemade food in the friendly cafe so please do not force them to close as would be such a great loss to the local community and to numerous people like myself who travel long distances to spend time in a homely and friendly environment rather than the cold businesslike Wyevale premises opposite. Save Hare Hatch Sheeplands

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-01-25 01:10

#132 Re: Are you blind 125?

2014-01-25 01:29

#125: -

Tesco is allready down the road!!!Such big corporations seem to do whatever they like.

That is why I would rather support a indepandant business with great intregrity that as well as providing local employment and supporting other sole traders, also support many charties and the local community.

If HSS are forced to close down due to these ennforcements the site will indeed be up for grabs for those companies with more money and influence or for  the local council to build on when they change thier policies to suit themsevles.

HHS saved the farm shop and Pet Stop when mighty wyvale kicked them out from across the road. Tesco would not do the same...

Without moving forward I am sure the business could not have survived anyway and  a Tesco etc would be there allready instead of an attractive local amenity loved and visited by so many of us.

CBB

#133 Re:

2014-01-25 02:14

#1: -

Surely businesses must be allowed to evolve and grow to meet the challenges presented by the economic downturn.  If the good folk at the WBC had the slightest inkling of private business management practices instead of the beaurocratic protected employment environment within which they flourish they would recognise this and embrace the vertical movement of HHS and support it rather than seek to destroy hundreds of lives.

2014-01-25 09:39

I suppose that the council want to develop the land themselves: New supermarket perhaps

#135 Re:

2014-01-25 10:30

#125: -

You clearly have NOT read ALL of the documentation on this issue. If you had (I would like to think) you would be more sympathetic with all concerned. No-one denies there have been some breaches of regulations, but the wider implications of WBC closing HHS are horrendous. And, as per the previous reply to your post, HHS gave a home to two long-standing businesses from Wyevale when Wyevale evicted them. You have to ask the question - did Wyevale evict them because they knew they were going to get their Solicitors to write to WBC but couldn't while they had these two businesses there!

2014-01-25 11:14

Keep this petition going

2014-01-25 16:27

I shop at Hare Hatch Sheeplands a lot. It would be a shame if it were to close.

2014-01-25 23:32

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is one of the best gardens centres in the area, it is a very friendly and interesting centre which is also very child friendly. It would be a dreadful shame and a great loss if it were to close, and many people would lose their jobs, They are not doing any harm, in fact quite the opposite, I I dont know why the council dont leave them alone to carry on their good trading, it seems someone has got it in for them, and for no good reason!!

#139 WBC ..Stop wasting our money

2014-01-26 02:43

This is a fantastic local community of shops and makes a change from the usual garden centres... hands off council... they should be applauded for bringing business to the area - the council are spending our money on this - have you seen the area - any improvements should be seen as regeneration .. having seen WBC on the tele the other day for something completely different - also with the bully boy attitude.. who the hell let the dogs out! Stop showing your teeth WBC unless its for a smile! why not spend some money on the junction that is so dangerous right on the Bath Road... maybe some lights or a roundabout...not this - you as a council, just make me ashamed of your style- jobsworths...

2014-01-26 11:27

Hello, we have been using this garden centre with its varied amenities since it has opened. They offer a lot of help and advice and are always helpful if unsure of certain products. The staff are very good ,and happy here .Why try and close down such a good and worth while business which serves a wide area .I know there are garden centres nearby but this is a firm favourite with thousands of customers .Do think about this very carefully as a lot of people will lose there jobs as well as happy customers. Has some people got a bee in their bonnet about closing this marverlous business down?

2014-01-26 11:49

Hi On shopping at Sheeplands garden centre they go out of there way to be friendly and courteous and there is no where else quite like it. That one can get all the commodities under one roof. Yours sincerely one happy shopper

2014-01-27 09:13

employing 100 local people and paying bussiness rates and taxes, and they want to shut it down to add 100 to the unemployment list and lose all that tax and increase the benifit burden. what are they thinking, if it is down to a few grumpy council workers being jobs worths maybe they should be the ones to step aside and be unemployed instead.

2014-01-27 17:48

f F acilities such as this should be allowed to trade in lawful competition

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-01-27 20:58

Kaysdad

2014-01-27 21:02

I must check what my councillor thinks about this and, if necessary,  change my allegiance

2014-01-27 21:29

HHS is a unique place to shop - plants, dog food and a beef joint all in one easy location with excellent parking. WBC is being grossly unfair, They should be supporting local business growth and employment in the current climate and not wasting our council tax especially when it could be better spent. Have you tried shopping in Twyford recently? No! well parking is a nightmare and if you walk you are have to cross the hazardous Waitrose car park entrance and try not to get run over, but of course WDC approved that.

2014-01-27 22:38

I have lived in Twyford for 19 years and bring my my parents and even 90 year old grandmother to this superb facility. The garden centre and gift shop for my parents, the atmosphere and lunch for all of us. A regular weekend and even weekday activity for us ... this would be a total disaster and a heartbreak for my parents and grandmother. Don't let this closure happen? There can only be a hidden agenda in WDC to close this facility that gives so much pleasure to our community in such difficult times and since so many locals (and surrounding towns) are against this closure!

2014-01-28 13:21

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a wonderful place for our local community. It will be a huge loss if we don't have it anymore. Please allow it to live!

2014-01-28 13:49

An important business in our community who provide support and opportunities for other businesses.In addition to which they also support local charities, schools and other community projects with money & time. Thank You Hare Hatch Sheeplands.

2014-01-28 13:56

Shocking how much money WBC has spent trying to curtail the growth of a small, independent company who have made good use of land that was derelict and previously wasted. Vote out the MP.