SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2014-01-30 08:08

We need this garden centre because we want choice

2014-01-30 08:17

Hare Hatch is a family place loved by all

2014-01-30 08:26

Fantastic place for family's,and the individual at affordable prices.
For which it is worth travelling the distance for.

2014-01-30 08:28

HHSL is a vital local shop, run for and by local people. WBC need to stop listening to a national chain who has shown complete disregard for the wishes of local people.

2014-01-30 08:33

I wish the business and the people who work there best of luck!! This business is very warm and welcoming we bring our service users here who are disabled around the shops and then we stay for lunch. It would be one business that we would miss and would be a very sad loss, so we all hope it can stay with us all for many more years!!

2014-01-30 08:35

a great family garden centre kids always want to go there very ebucational set up

2014-01-30 08:47

This valuable socio-economic family business should be assisted and not obstructed in diversifying of the business.I am signing this petition to help support this important family business that must not be allowed to vanish with the loss of many employed personnel.

2014-01-30 08:56

This garden centre is a great resource to families, they have animals and a fun area that is safe for children, the cost of living is so expensive these days and they offer a great service at reasonable prices and suitable to all age groups and for all weather. The staff are friendly and we all need places like this around, has a real sense of community, please save this great facility!!!!!

2014-01-30 09:26

Am amazed that this ridiculous situation has got this far. The whole thing makes no sense at all. Leave Hare Hatch alone and let a brilliant business continue to thrive.

2014-01-30 09:29

Please use your common sense on this. Enforcing any of the proposed action will achieve nothing of any good, only cost WBC further money, put people out of jobs, and rid the local community of a much-loved and long-standing business. WBC needs to listen to what HHS have to say, and to understand the situation in context, rather than blindly enforcing rules which may or may not be applicable.

2014-01-30 09:31

This shop is brilliant and an asset to the community. It provides a good friendly service with a wide range of fresh products at competative prices.
There is no other local shop that provides this.
It would be a very sad day if we lost it.

2014-01-30 10:09

The nicest garden centre around this is why they are being bullied.The council find it easier to pick on an independent family company shame on them. Years ago this used to be nothing more than a run down tip I expect the council were happier then. I think it just proves the council feel they have nothing better to spend our money on. Unfortunately a lot of this money will be coming out of my council tax I wished I could withhold the sum so spiteful wasted.

2014-01-30 10:21

HHS is a wonderful place which we take our Grandchildren to regularly. It is user friendly and provides respite from the more commercial sites.
What harm is the business & premises causing?? Answer - none. HHS provides much needed employment and quality products & services. While I appreciate the need for proper & proportionate Planning Controls I can see no justification for the actions being taken by the Planning Authority. Let fairness & justice prevail, please.

2014-01-30 10:24

I've no doubt the HHS have exceeded their planning approvals somewhat - BUT - WBC's attitude to (effectively) shut down the entire business is illogical: Seems to me that some sensible mediation is required to resolve the issue and enable HHS to survive and prosper - maybe not with EVERY piece of their retail & multiple non-horticultural related concessions remaining intact but still with sufficient latitude to enable them to thrive and compete with the major brands in the immediate vicinity of HHS (and who of course, DO allow non related concessions and have also now started running kids playgroups and fresh veg sales etc).

2014-01-30 10:30

HHS is a most valued business and I have been buying my plants from them since they opened. the farm shop, café etc only enhances their establishment. It is obvious that HHS is a caring employer as their staff are always smiling, friendly and extremely helpful to their customers. Why victimise and destroy a healthy local business? Shame on you!

2014-01-30 10:31

HHS is a friendly safe place to go with the children and everything is thought of to cater for them from varied things to do and play and the animals aswell. Don't take that away from them.

2014-01-30 10:54

This facility would be a loss to the local community

2014-01-30 11:01

How many green belt sights are ear marked for development.? Why chose this originally derelict sight, now a thriving business, to enforce your alleged green belt policy.

2014-01-30 11:05

lets vote this council out at the earliest opportunity and get one that can make decisions.

2014-01-30 11:10

Fantastic farm shop and great for the community. Would be very sad to see this go.

2014-01-30 11:13

So nice to keep a garden centre which is not part of chain and with different items + good entertainment for children.

2014-01-30 11:18

THere is a clear case of planning gain and employment gain.
You would think the council had more important issues to attend to. In fact they have.

2014-01-30 11:20

It is crazy that Wokingham Borough has decided to spend the money I pay to them to try to force a great little business to close. The large garden centres like the one opposite do not provide the same service or products that we all want..

2014-01-30 11:21

Please Wokingham Council listen to the people for once. Talk to Hare Hatch Sheeplands and achieve something sensible FOR THE PEOPLE. Waste no more money.
Garden Lover

2014-01-30 11:26

How long is this going on Wokingham Council. This business actively engages with their customers and families and of considerable help to the community and charities. Let it carry on. Stop being at loggerheads and act before it is too late.