HELP ME SAVE MY FOSTER PETS!!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition HELP ME SAVE MY FOSTER PETS!!!.

2013-11-03 03:16

Please reinstate her Agriculture license. She is a knowledgeable, valuable member of your community who is compassionate and doing a great service. We are indebted to her for all that she does. The world could use more like her. Working together, so much can be accomplished for the betterment of the community. Please find a middle ground for this dispute and reinstate her license. Thank you.

2013-11-03 03:47

I have known Lisa for many years and she has always been responsible with her pets and the foster animals in her care. In addition she has been a petsitter in this town and a resource for animal rescue. Please reconsider your decision and instead give her a warning. The revoking of her license is IMO unwarranted given her many years of successful fostering without issue.

2013-11-03 03:50

Lisa's Illinois Bird Dog Rescue organization is doing outstanding things for shelter dogs and getting them placed in homes. The Village of Wood Dale should be fully supporting her efforts and not trying to disrupt an extremely beneficial cause that helps place these very special dogs in good homes.

#29 Re:

2013-11-03 12:03

2013-11-04 13:53

Please let them keep fur baby's and move on to something that really needs fixing !!!! This works.

2013-11-04 14:37

Our thoughts are with you! Lisa you have a generous heart and have saved many lives including Freckles who we adopted from you 12 years ago! Bless you for all that you do. Stay strong!
Voice for the dogs

2013-11-05 06:06

You didn't mention Lani, did he get adopted too?  Are there other rescues in your town that you can use as examples re: the number of animals they keep in a residential area to help your cause?  Is that why they are pulling your license? Will our signatures have any influence if we don't live in your town or can one appear in person at your next court date to give testimonials? Do you feel this would help? I'd speak for the well-being of the dogs.

#33 Re:

2013-11-05 12:10

#32: Voice for the dogs -

Lani is visiting friends :O).  I am going to chat with an attorney this week to discuss my options.  Today I am making public (which is already public) contact info for the Mayor, Deputy Mayor (who is also my Alderman and is apparently a dog lover) another Alderman and the city manager.  Folks can contact them on their own then.  I am also sending info out to the streets where the tick borne diseases animals were infected in Wood Dale. This is a SERIOUS issue- I never used to worry about ticks in my own yard and with Mikey coming home infected and sick 2 weeks ago- a BIG concern.  All documentation I have from the village still states that I needed to get down to 7 pets- 3 per village ordinance and 4 per IL Dept of Ag license.  I was told in court by the evil prosecutor that I needed to get down to 3.  I DID ask them to put that in writing and nada.  Lisa

Danielle

2013-11-07 05:34

Lisa is a selfless caretaker of castaway animals. Please do not punish the animals as well as her by denying her her life's passion. Please have some sympathy for the dogs and cats that are so generously in her care.

2013-11-10 04:19

Lisa works tirelessly to help animals, especially discarded and neglected hunting dogs which are some of our country's most misused creatures. She is clearly a very responsible dog owner. It is not easy to satisfy the requirements for a rescue license; she has clearly met these requirements. Your city should be proud to have a person who makes such a positive contribution to your community (and to the greater rescue world). I sincerely hope that you will recognize that she is responsible dog owner, a good neighbor, and an inspiration to many. Please allow her to continue to responsibly care for the animals who share her home.

2013-11-10 13:50

Please let her continue to foster these animals.
I wish there were more people out there like her.
Thank You.

2013-11-15 19:30

My family has adopted two English Setters from Illinois Birddog Rescue. Both were infected with Lyme Disease & Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever. We fostered 5 different dogs between February and September of 2012, when we adopted our male setter. Ms. Spakowsky's research is important, and helpful in bringing awareness of these dreadful diseases and their consequences to the public. Lyme & RMSF have reached epidemic proportions, and the CDC has not recognized it. The medical community (both animal & human) are not educated on the severity of these diseases, and most are clueless of just how ocmmon they are.  Why didn't Wood Dale do something about this 12 years ago when it started?  Dogs bark.  Big dogs bark loudly.  If there is more than one dog in the neighborhood they bark in communication.  If you don't like dogs that bark, you shouldn't move into such a neighborhood.  With as much pet abuse and neglect as we have in this country; why make such a big stink about a small part of the solution?

2013-11-15 19:59

I had this happen to me when a new neighbor moved into our long established area. It is wrong, it is anti animal, and we need more, not less, care givers in this world. Spay and neuter, microchipping and compassion law needs to be implemented, not destroying those who try and help God's creatures.

2013-11-15 23:37

You're kidding, right? This woman has done nothing wrong, and has only tried to help (animals) that otherwise would not have had a home. Please, focus your time and energy on a person(s)/cause that is a REAL problem.

2013-11-15 23:41

Is this true compassion for the animals or political grand standing? This could have happened to any one of us in rescue so I stand by Lisa 100% on this.

2013-11-15 23:47

I adopted my English Pointer, Emery, because someone posted her on the Illinois Birddog Rescue Facebook page. If she cannot continue her rescue organization, countless lives will be lost.

2013-11-16 00:30

Leave the lady and her pets alone! Typical bureaucrats!!

2013-11-16 01:01

We NEED Illinois Bird Dog Rescue and Lisa most certainly should be able to keep her foster pets! She is VERY responsible and an EXCELLENT pet owner. Please let Lisa KEEP her foster pets!!

2013-11-16 01:09

This is wrong. Shame on you city officials.
JT's Mama

#45 Proud Owner of a IBR Dog

2013-11-16 14:43

Thanks to Lisa's hard work, I am now the owner of a beautiful setter boy, JT. WIthout her efforts, he would surely have been put to sleep. I'm confident that through the other comments you realize what a compassionate professional she is. I would think that there is a friendly resolution to this issue. Not being from the Wood Dale area, I am unfamiliar with your processes but I would think that a variance or something similar could be a solution. From a PR perspective, this story has immeasurable negative consequences for Wood Dale. Lisa, please know that I am ever so grateful for all you do and I hope this is resolved rationally. Shame on the neighbor that didn't have the courage to speak to you directly.

#46 Re: Proud Owner of a IBR Dog

2013-11-16 18:22

#45: JT's Mama - Proud Owner of a IBR Dog

Nice to read a note from JT's mommy :O).  Thanks for the kind words!

2013-11-17 02:27

All life has value and you shouldn't consider having to euthanize any of your dogs. Really your a few dogs over and they are raising a stink about it? Maybe people should be upset that WE pay millions of tax dollars to keep murders and pedofiles alive... Think again people, humans are the problem not the innocent animals!!!!

#48 Re:

2013-11-17 02:48

#47: -

There are 8 registered Sex offenders in both my Alderman's districts...

2013-11-17 03:28

Our wonderful English Pointer Freddy came from IBR. Freddy has Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. If it wasn't for IBR her would have been euthanized. My wonderful boy has a great life & Will have a long healthy life because of the knowledge & understanding of at risk dogs that IBR has. I don't know of ANY other rescue that had the knowledge, patience & love for these dogs that would have otherwise been KILLED.

2013-11-17 22:22

Sharing this atrocity everywhere. This is so wrong. Those dogs aren't hurting anyone.