FOR A/E SERVICES TO BE RETURNED TO QUEEN MARGARET HOSPITAL

FOR A/E SERVICES TO BE RETURNED TO QUEEN MARGARET HOSPITAL / Announcements / Return of A&E to Queen Margaret Hospital / Comments

2014-03-27 23:27

Totaly agree

2014-03-27 23:56

Kirkcaldy too far to go in an energency

2014-03-27 23:59

Good on you james. I suffer from eds type 3 (involves frequent dislocations)and many other chronic illnesses.
My husband can't drive (I can but cannot when I'm ill) and I've been in and out of hospital for years.
Even though I'm registered disabled and have a blue badge I'm not entitled to patient transport apperently.
I have been left to make my own way home from Vic to dunfermline in rather expensive taxi journeys and we aren't exactly rolling in money as I can't work including one back and forth to ERI for surgery on my lung as I aspirated food.

2014-03-28 08:19

Keep up the good work

2014-03-28 10:31

Thank you James, keep up the good work, so many people will benefit if this decision is reversed
Bright blessings
Elizabeth

2014-03-28 11:03

hope this makes a difference

2014-03-28 13:02

Personally, I would also ask if you could put petition forms into some of the shops with perhaps small notices asking people to sign, also petrol stations. They got loads of signatures to keep the hospice so the same might work on this! Another option would be for someone at the big supermarkets at weekends asking for signatures, not forgetting outside Morrisons, Cowdenbeath!
The more people know, the better, as Dunfermline is getting massive! to think that at one point it had 4 hospitals, now only a bunch of day clinics, as this is what it amounts too! QMH is also a much newer building than the Vic, why did they bother with extending such a old hospital (circa, 1960's) ???
Regards,
Robert A

2014-03-28 14:22

Thanks james, hope you can change our lifes

2014-03-28 16:29

I was born in Dunfermline I have elderly parents who live on Queen Margaret Fauld and they can see the hospital from their house.Over the last few years my mother has had many health problems and it was great living so close to the hospital.Now if my mum is in hospital as she is right now it makes it very difficult for my 86 year old Dad to visit her in Kirkcaldy.

Yours Sincerely Carla Maloco
Peter O'Sullivan

#10 Queen Margaret Hospital

2014-03-28 22:06

I totally agree with james and if you or your friends can get more signatures we can really do this.
After all it was us that put the so called council where they are just now.
So lets try harder and get more people to sign this. The Cold truth is that we need this Hospital to Reopen before we have more death in Fife.
They are building more houses in Dunfermline, Wellwood,Cowdenbeath, Kelty and all over fife.
And at the moment Kirkcaldy just cant cope at the moment how will they cope when all these houses are finished.

2014-03-29 10:16

Hi James, count us in on the petition. Gill & Mark Schofield.

2014-03-29 21:24

Hi Jim , JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS ON OUR BEHALF - FULL SERVICES SHOULD BE RETURNED TO DUNFERMLINE QUEEN MARGARET HOSPITAL ASAP !. THE PRESENT SET-UP IS A NON-SENSE !!!!
james philp

#13 Return of A&E to Queen Margaret Hospital

2014-04-09 20:25

Thank you all for your support to date ,surely the powers that be who are supposed to be thoughtful and caring people will see sense and admit that this practice has not worked out

2014-04-20 21:06

Write a comment...

Pat Curran

#15 Queen Margaret Hospital Petition

2014-05-19 12:03

James is right about risk to patients, but the picture is a whole lot darker than the one he paints. Health board officials have NOT disclosed that the service at Kirkcaldy is so poor that after a certain level of seriousness, patients are being farmed out to Ninewells and the forth valley for treatment, Kikcaldy does not have the staff or medical expertease to cope. In effect, we now have two minor injury units in Fife! No one will work for this horrendous health board team, A public inquiry is greatly overdue.

2014-06-27 13:28

I agree totally that A&E services should be put in place at Queen Margaret Hospital and also keep the A&E at Victoria Hospital.

Archie Macqueen
Arch

#17 A&E services at Queen Mar4garet Hospital

2014-06-27 13:34

As stated before, A&E service should be returned to Queen Mqrgaret Hospital.
Because of the area of Fife, we should have TWO A&E services in Fife.
How can Fife Health plead poverty when Fife has the third largest population in Scotland after Glasgow and Edinburgh. Mismanagement comes to mind.
Archie Macqueen
archiemacqueen@aol.com