Keep Original NISD Proposed Boundaries for Ellison Elementary

/ #16 #13

2013-12-13 17:47

Of all the comments I have read, yours seems to be the most telling. I am so disappointed to see grown adults complain at pick up with other parents around, blast parents who where opposed to the initial zoning on our blogs because they disagreed and wanted to see a change, make statements about "Apartment Kids", and stereo typing "Dominion" parents. Wow, true colors really come out!  I don't see any difference in what Stonewall parents who are NOW opposed, wanting to make changes, petition and get the word out. Initial concerned parents or Dominion parents as some of you call them, started doing this at the onset of this boundary issue. I think everyone who sees a problem should stand up for what they believe and it looks to me that both sides of 1-10 are now doing this. So stop putting down parents that cared enough to try to get parents involved to sign their petition, you are now doing the same things. I commend the NISD Board for rolling up their sleeves and looking at as many options as they could for the good of all. NISD is a wonderful school district and they have very highly educated and committed people on their board. They were not swayed by ANYONE! They looked at a proposal and all the comments that had come in and disregarded a boundary that would take 1 in 5 students to a new school. That kind of statistic doesn't work, so the board looked at other options for 4 hrs. Some of you leaving comments have know idea what you are saying. It's so easy to voice an opinion, but to actually see and understand the process that took place by the committee and NISD board, was exhausting. I respect the process, and ask that upset parents who are in opposition of the vote be respectful to all.  Everyone has an option, but please keep your negativity out of the school.  I heard the few parents petitioning and they never said anything negative about anyone.  I don't even think the petition they got signed even helped them.  I think the letter sent home by NISD asking for comments is what the BOARD looked at.  NISD was accepting comments for two weeks.  EVERY SINGLE PARENT HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE AT CLARK, THE BOARD MEETING, CALL THE DISTRICT AND EMAIL.  Never assume things will go your way if you arent' involved.