Keep Original NISD Proposed Boundaries for Ellison Elementary

/ #25 So Sad

2013-12-15 16:35

This whole situation saddens me. NISD which I trust with my three most precious treasures has let me down along with so many others. The perceived underhanded process which took place last Tuesday has torn a once tight knit community apart. For that I place blame on what is claimed to be the best school district in San Antonio and perhaps the whole state of Texas. Had we had due process, a chance to voice concerns about an alternate option and given proof that this is indeed the best option, I would accept it. To say the lack of communication by NISD or perhaps the board, that alternate boundaries would be discussed or voted on at the last meeting, is an understatement. We are all fighting for what's best for our children and we each have very different needs. In the end, life will go on, our children will succeed and we all need to be mindful when talking about this in front of our children. We need to assure them this will all work out for the best, and we can all learn that this is all part of life.