Standing in solidarity with refugees having to flee to Europe

/ #10

2016-03-22 06:14

These are people just like us, they speak English they wear similar clothes they look like you or me, they could be my best friend, my sister my aunt. We help people in disasters, typhoons, tsunami, with millions of dollars and open arms empathising with them hourly. These people did not choose the disaster that has befallen them, they are victims of a man made disaster yet not only do we not help them with food, clothing, immediate shelter and money, we turn them away, treat them like animals, with no empathy worse still almost with disgust. Why are they not receiving the same immediate assistance as those in a natural disaster? They too have no home, no clothes, no belongings, no food or water or shelter and absolutely no hope. The world, humans, the governments and yes all of us should be ashamed of ourselves. We have a chance to show mercy, undeserved open mercy. What does the UN stand for now?? My heart aches for the babies, the children, the parents the elderly, the pregnant, the disabled, the men and women facing death. Why do we not see this is like genicide, only we hold a machine gun if indifference and fear. I want to help, if I was there I'd let them stay in my house, feed their children, cry with them, help them and share what I have until they can survive on their own, many would do more for an abandoned animall. My heart breaks ......