Save Caol Community Centre

S MacDonald

/ #2 Save Caol Community Centre

2010-11-09 17:59

I'm struggling to comprehend how the Highland Council can justify their plans to close Caol Community Centre? It's such a valuable resource within the community for weddings, music venues, other celebrations but most importantly for some, an essential part of their weekly routine, e.g. for the elderly population of Caol and wider areas- which may be the only chance they have during their week to socially interact with other people and get out & about.
I for one, know how much my mother pays per month for her single occupancy council tax in FW- and I can assure you it's extortionately high in comparison to other parts of the country!!We now live in a society where people talk of 'value for money' but this leaves me concluding that the Fort William peole are getting a raw deal and that this needs to be urgently addressed. Taking it one step further, the Highland Council desperately need to sort out the High Street (or lack of High Street), do some simple research to find out what the local people 'really want and need' and get a strategy in place to make some changes- which I'm sure we all agree are long over due!!