Rule 14.11 Boccia Rules 2013

Quoted post

2013-02-26 17:18

It is understandable that every competitor, coach or assistant training for hundreds... thousands of hours with a certain time, make a strong resistance to its reduction. We have to be careful when referring to CP and non CP athletes. If we look to the last CPISRA BC3 ranking dated December 2011, the non CP are on the 3rd, 6th and 8th of the top 10 and if you look to the final classification at London 2012 the non CP are on the 5th and 7th of the top 10.
The equation is simple, if we want a dynamic sport growing within the paralympic movement, then we have to make it more spectacular and that means faster. On the opposite if you want boccia a sport made for the needs of the athletes, "protecting" those who feel more difficulties, than you keep the time forever, but we need to realize that the paralympic pathway is going to be lost, if not in the next few years, perhaps in 8 or 12 years.

Replies

#16 Re:

2013-02-27 01:22:25

#15: -  

Thanks for your Opinion.

I understand what you want to say.
I agree our boccia should be more speedy and dynamic sport for spectators.
So I assent the reduction of time limit in Throwing event.
but BC3 event is a special Event in Boccia. BC3 athletes have the most severe form of physical disability across all disability sports. BC3 athletes need a difficult process to throw a  ball.

Spectators are sometime excited about dynamic movement, but sometime are impressed by the challenge of the severe disabled like BC3 athlete.

I am so sorry for the process of this Rule change.
Why did BISFed omit the process of discussing about new rule.
Did BISFed already know many athletes and coaches would 'resist' the reduction of time limit? I hope not, but I cannot help suspecting that BISFed didn't include the rule about time limit in new Boccia Rule draft deliverately, and added the reduction of time limit in final version.

I think this is not entirely democratic. Even though the intension of BISFed is right, but BISFed should have taken the time to discuss with others.

And I would like to say to you. This petition is not a "resistance"

It is just a "democratic expression" because there was no 'democratic means' in the change of Boccia rule.

And I wonder why you referre to CP and Non-CP.
It is not a problem of CP or non-CP, it is a serious Problem to 'All Boccia Athletes'.

coach of club Wapper

#24 Re:

2013-03-02 00:37:54

'The equation is simple, if we want a dynamic sport growing within the paralympic movement, then we have to make it more spectacular and that means faster.'

It is not playing fast that makes the sport spectacular...it is the quality of play, the beauty of the shots,...It is not the nature of this game being fast !  It's like playing biljard...you can't play biljard very wel if it has to be fast !

#28 Re: PC or NonPC in BC3 results - Way of the game

2013-03-15 14:30:43

In relation of PC or NonPC in BC3 results, please make a table with one column to identificate PC and NonPC in the international competitions in the last 4 years. Then ask to the 10 top countries to make the same in their rankings. Then we discuss it.

Boccia is the only paralympic game for the great handicaped. Why try to destroy this? Faster is not always synonimous of spectacular. In shooting or in archery the athletes must shoot faster? Or is important the time that they are focusing, concentrated,...to aim and shoot?

I think we are destroying the principles of adapted sport, when trying to let the most handicaped out of the game just because their limitations don't let them be faster!! We must think in inverse mode, not like in the regular sports.