Concerns:The Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act

Quoted post

2015-06-16 23:10

This proposal is very short sighted and ill informed even if the writer means well. The research for his part has not nearly considered what is working here and in other countries where RECOVERY is the valued outcome and where the use of forced treatment is seen as archaic. It does not respect those who have mental health challenges as full citizens and presumes violent antisocial behavior way beyond what the data actually reflects about violence. It misleads, it spends money on approaches that do not reflect a culture of healing and help. The principles underlying this effort are insulting and sad.

Replies

Todd M. Kuikka

#14 Re:

2015-06-17 14:21:13

#4: -  

abcdef

I agree with your statement.  While reviewing H.R. 2646; I found that much of it has positive intention.  But the ignorance and arrogance of law and bureaucracies muddies water that is already dirty.  Reflecting and empathizing with those directly affected must be the considered.  No body chooses nor likes dealing with mental illness.  But forcing care only magnifies the issues that families are subjected too.  If they need representatives to rewrite this....ask a combat veterans and their family, who is suffering from invisible wounds.  They fought for their rights and the rights of other, only to have them stripped by the scrutiny of a "greatful nation."  Just my thoughts, respectfully.