World Vitiligo Day - June 25th

Quoted post

2011-10-25 03:23

Great Idea! I hope it will help to raise awareness and also promote more Vitiligo research. I have had Vitiligo for 36 years and have dealt with many stares, questions, and thoughtless comments. Luckily I had a lot of support from my family, my husband and my friends. I am now almost completely depigmented from my vitiligo spreading on it's own. Yes, despite all of the doubters who said Vitiligo would not have turned Michael Jackson so completely white, it can and does happen! I think choosing June 25th as World Vitiligo Day is also a wonderful remembrance and tribute to Michael Jackson who spent most of his life being ridiculed and bullied by the media for something he had no control over. Thank you!

Replies

#36 Re:

2011-10-25 05:43:10

#31: -  

you are so right,may god bless you,my granddaughter has vitiligo she is 11 yrs old, i just wish she would turn one color!! xmichael J.... should have talked more about it ,being in spot light..i could imagine how he felt..we need  to raise awareness...............Thank You !!!!

Luh

#39 Re:

2011-10-25 10:58:50

Always remember you have support from us too. We need to erase the stigma around vitiligo.

VITSAF

#52 Re:

2011-10-27 20:05:41

Thanks so very much. I trust it would bring all the Awareness....I forsee all the media globally talking about Vitiligo on a 25th June and the World wondering who and what they are talking about.....it will happen, am very very positive!!!

Great ur family was there for you all through, so many do not have that opportunity.....