Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

Quoted post

2012-01-17 14:47

I believe the current board used extremely poor judgment and strong armed their own personal views on Cobb County residents when they changed the calendar to this very absurd schedule. I would love to know why 72% of Cobb County residents voted for the balance calendar last February and the board members voted against their own constituents. I was even more appalled when one board member rebutted that the balanced calendar was hurting business at White Water and Six Flags during the summer months. What do those two businesses have to do with my childrens' education???? I think this board owes the parents and students of Cobb County a closer look at the balanced calendar and other optional calendars. This recent week off in January was a wasted week that most working parents found very challenging as they need to return to work the first week in January.

Replies

#202 Re:

2012-01-17 16:07:00

#199: -

Re:

"This recent week off in January.....working parents found very challenging as they need to return to work the first week in January."

- but working parents don't have to work during the August 1 calendar's September and February breaks?

#204 Re:

2012-01-17 16:12:22

#199: -

72% of Cobb County residents did not vote for the August 1 start date calendar last February.