Keep commercialism out of Residential neighborhoods!
BL2019-48 will permit home-businesses, with employees and customers, in every Residential neighborhood in the county—excepting those of the satellite cities (Belle Meade, Berry Hill, Forest Hills, Goodlettsville, & Oak Hill) and those with home-owners associations.
This is a bad bill for these reasons:
1. It is essentially unenforceable.
2. It ends Residential neighborhoods throughout Davidson County.
3. It will not prevent investors from buying houses and turning them solely into businesses.
4. It permits businesses to pay residential property tax rate, not commercial rate. Thus, many businesses will flock to buy houses. This will starve Nashville of needed revenue.
5. It is not needed. Nashville has many areas that alrady welcome home-businesses.
6. If we want home-businesses in Residential neighborhoods, then let's do it as an overlay, so that the neighborhood had control over the process--not as a county-wide land-use change.
Matthew Bond Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|