KEMPTON PARK WATER MAINTENANCE PETITION
The Water Infrastructure of Kempton Park is 60 Years Old. Since the Establishment of the Ekurhurleni Metro there has never been a maintenance plan for the area. Residents of Kempton park are without water on a daily basis due to the lack of maintenance resulting in the infrastructure collapsing (Burst Pipes). We the Residence of Kempton Park demand that the Water and Sanitation Department of City of Ekurhuleni do the following
• Urgently Upgrade the Water Infrastructure in the Greater Kempton Park Area
• Contractors been appointed that is Qualified to repair the Burst Pipe
• More recourse been providing to the Kempton Park Water Depot to repair burst pipes within a 4 hour period and not the current 3 days.
• All valve on the Water supply systems be tested and faulty valve repaired urgently in order to ensure that smaller areas are affected
• The necessary Budget be provided to ensure that the above-mentions will be implemented
In addition we call upon the Portfolio Committee on Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) to investigate the high number and prolonged periods of water outages in the Kempton Park area.
Please sign the Petition if you agree
CLLR JACO TERBLANCHE - EKURHULENI WARD COUNCILLOR Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|