Save the remaining 494± English Forest in Southeast Tallahassee
We the undersigned are opposed to the re-zoning and development of the remaining 494± acres of forest (PUD TRZ210013). As residents neighboring this English Forest, we are anxious about the numerous adverse consequences of the deforestation of 494± acres for construction purposes.
These are Primary Adverse Consequences:
- Increased flooding and erosions (due to eradication of forest floors) will continue to threaten in already high risk low-ground communities.
- Increased stormwater contaminants will discharge into the Florida Aquifer below this forest negatively altering water features locally and regionally, particularly the Wakulla Springs.
- Increased traffic congestion will escalate vehicular/pedestrian accidents on the overtaxed South Blairstone Road, Orange Ave, South Monroe Street, Lake Bradford Road.
- Increased human densities will worsen air, water and noise pollutions, crime, trash/sewages.
- Increased human densities will worsen overloaded infrastructure and emergency services, overcrowded schools.
- Reduced property values for single-family homes will result due to excessive constructions of multistory rental properties.
- Displacement and extinctions of wildlife will be imminent due permanent habitat losses.
In order to protect current communities and to secure the natural resources of the remaining 494± forest for future generations, we demand the Tallahassee City Commission to vote NO to the re-zoning and proposed land-use plan for the English Property PUD TRZ210013.
Save the English Forest Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|