Save Our Moose

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Moose.

2015-04-06 23:57

IN ONT YOU CANT GET A TAG. DO YOU WANT THE SAME RULES

2015-04-07 00:39

Moose are NOT the problem!!!!

2015-04-07 00:43

i think the moose population is being overharvested

2015-04-07 00:53

Our province will blow millions of dollars on a ridiculous moose light system that anyone with the slightest grain of common sense knows would never work, and now rather than bite the bullet and admit their mistake the cull our moose population.

2015-04-07 00:59

People need to slow down in high moose areas, more fencing, clear the brush from our hwy's but don't destroy these magnificent animals.

2015-04-07 01:36

I love animals

2015-04-07 01:38

Because SOPAC sucks, management decisions must be made scientifically not with the heart..

2015-04-07 01:39

I love animals

2015-04-07 02:13

I have been moose hunting for over 50 years and have seen

2015-04-07 02:31

I have been a moose hunter for over 50 years and have noticed a significant decline in the number of animals in the woods. re moose vehicles, most are caused by drivers not paying attention to and not being aware of the possibility of moose crossing roads,driving too fast especially at night and too many other distractions such as cell phones texting, etc. I feel sorry for people and families who have been affected by moose vehicle accidents, but too many moose is not the main cause for these situations !!!

2015-04-07 03:22

Government trying to destroy moose population for votes. It's not going to stop accidents , slow downing will.

2015-04-07 03:37

Moose ( just like any animal) have areas in which they live called HABITATS.... if we continuously take away there homes how can we expect to never come in contact with them? They need space to live!! in my opinion the moose population should be protected and drivers should use common sense and slow down!! I also think we can learn alot about where are moose populations are headed by regarding another similar animal the CARIBOU. Overhunting, increased pressure from coyotes, shrinking habitat all spell one thing for our moose population: Decline..this is inevitable without the issuing of more liscences. People we have to stand together to protect our wildlife not destroy it. I do sympathize with those families who know or have lost someone as a result of a moose vehicle accident however, we cannot continue to blame an animal as the reason for the crash....Moose did not build roads or build cars they are just trying to live.please take time to read and sign this petition and let the government know they are not doing the right thing in this situation. Thanks from a concerned hunter and citizen.

2015-04-07 03:40

Because it is not fair to kill off such a innocent animal because thousands of people depend upon them for food. And we are living in their habitat so we just got to put up with them because we are always making more room for business and road which is making less and less room for them so it's only right for them to use our roads and stuff we are destroying their habitats

2015-04-07 08:18

So the moose population will be here for further generations!!!!

2015-04-07 10:42

because all some people wants is to kill all the mouse I love mouse hunting its a good sport why don't they target the people that does all the pouching I am tractor trailer owner operator I see lots of mouse on high ways night and day all they need to do reduce speed not increase speed like they at night not mooses fought it the drivers fought most of them whst you see is on phone or texing we see them

2015-04-07 10:45

I am an avid hunter and in the past several years I have seen a decrease in the moose population. In areas where my father and grandfather have hunted for many years and have been successful, we now struggle to fill our licenses. Moose in our province are not the problem, motorists are! If people would just slow down on our highways during the night time it would drastically decrease moose vehicle collisions. Remember that we are living and taking over their habitat!

2015-04-07 10:49

This has to be the most under-researched decision to date regarding moose management. They will throw up multi-million dollar moose detection systems on a whim at tax payers expense but will put no effort in to researching what their decisions regarding the impact increasing moose licenses will yield in a managment area. ASK THE PEOPLE government!! Go to any area and stop to a grocery store or gas station and ask "who around here would be the best person to talk to about moose??" Those are the people who could provide the information government should be basing their decisions on. Not theoretical stats from another suit-wearing politically appointed "expert" or minister. Ask the "man" thats got mud on his feet and a set of antlers over his shed door (the kind that moose in out area (34) use to have)

2015-04-07 10:58

government are bending to pressure from sopac and are basing there decision on incorrect info.They should listen to people who actually going in the woods and spending days hunting without seeing any moose.

2015-04-07 11:56

I think the biggest problem is that drivers are not paying attention to their surroundings at the peak times when the moose are on the move, early morning and early evening.

2015-04-07 13:47

I signed because I don't think the government are accurate on the number of moose they say is out there. I'm a guide and I'm seeing a drastic decline in moose in most areas and some are criticaly low. I bet there will be a lot more people charged this year .People have to slow down , company's have to stop taking there habitat to build neighbour hoods, and the government got to start listening to hunters and outfitters .Ohhh and they had to put the fee up 12 bucks .Squeezeeee them little bit more.Sad to say but I don't think my grandchildren will know what a moose WAS!!

2015-04-07 14:18

Because I've hunted all my life for food and the enjoyment of the great outdoors.Most moose /vehicle accidents occur because of speed at night.Admit or not,a lot of drivers text and use the cell while travelling on our highways.More fencing ,with larger gates to accomadate hunters rec machines ,would certainly reduce the number of accidents.Eliminating the moose population is not the answer.

2015-04-07 14:45

NL. Provincial Gov. is introducing measures to reduce the Moose population because they don't know or how to properly manage the Moose population. They should hire more highway patrol staff to stop drivers from speeding on NL highways. Moose fenceing and brush cutting alongside highways will help dramatically.

2015-04-07 14:52

I signed the petition because I don't agree with the new measures that the NL. Provincial Gov. has introduced. They want to reduce the Moose population because of public pressure on the issue of moose/Vehicle accidents. If they were to hire and set up Highway patrol enforcement that would target individuals that exceed the speed signs and drive reckless in less than ideal conditions, I feel this will dramatically reduce those types of Accidents. Brush cutting and fenceing will also reduce those incidents. If we come down to only one animal on this Island there is the possibility of a Moose/Vehicle collision.

2015-04-07 15:03

Wildlife existed here long before man. I acknowledge the pain and suffering caused to families involved in vehicle collisions however eradication of a species is never the answer. We build highways and infastructure through the middle of country that is heavily occupied by wildlife and therefore it is our responsiblity to acknowledge their existence and plan for potential encounters. Think of it not as the animal being on the road but the road being in the animals' habitat. Potential risks have and will continue to exist with or without a moose population. Awareness and education are major compenents to decreasing fatalities and collisions on our roadways. 

2015-04-07 16:04

To stop our gov from ruining our moose population so that more people can speed on our highways