Opposition to ITV

/ #57 Saifullah

2012-07-27 16:35

Assalamu-Aalykum
Doctor Adam, I admire your sincerity. I have pointed out the specifics which you seek. 1) The PHOTOGRAPHY, THE MUSIC, THE CARTOONS, THE INTERMINGLING. Please read the following e-mail: “Moulana, the other night on Islamic TV there was a program called MUSLIMS GOT TALENT. This show had men and ladies all seated mixed in the all. (Not half and half, but all were MIXED SEATED on fancy laid tables) Moulana this program was almost identical to the world wide craze of the IDOL SHOW. All do their bit, and the judges chose the finalist OF THE YEAR.
Moulana the judges were seated in the front row of the stage. They were mixed men and lady judges. The BEST PART, QARIE BASHEER PATEL was also one of the judges in the hall. SMILING away for the camera that was being broadcast 200 million viewers. the sad part was, when a pretty women in close proximity of qarie saab interview him. HE WAS FULL OF SMILES AND EVEN PROMISED BETTER talent next year round. please comment Mohamed”

2) The Jamiatul Ulama Gauteng has received the following information concerning ITV.
"We have also been informed that there is regular Girls qiraat, where the girls are filmed.
Most adverts have women, in fact in one of the adverts the lady is at a hair salon and her hair is exposed.
Cartoons for the children depict the stories of the Ambiya (AS) There is music as interludes."

3) They have a program which my brother objected to: mgt (muslims got talent).
My brother never watched
, But this girl is on facebook and she has many male contacts and she encourages all to watch her program in the afternoon.
My brother not being an aalim understands it to be haraam!and so-called Ulama can't understand.
This girl is a presenter and she hosts the program with her boyfriend/ future husband.
Your intention is clear but a clear intention does not necessarily mean that the action which follows it is correct. Let's take a person who commits Zina with the intention that a pious child could be born who would fight the Yahud and Nasara. Would it be right? Doctor Adam, I admire your efforts but I feel that you are being misinformed by the Ulama who are on ITV. Perhpas you should meet personally with the other Ulama. I have met them and believe me, they are very very reasonable people who have a deep understanding of Deen.