Save Orleans Riverside from Development

Save Orleans Riverside from Development / Announcements / Save Orleans Riverside / Comments

2014-08-25 12:31

it would be helpful if you could give the link to consultation on the council website

2014-08-25 12:45

Dear Mandie

CPRE London has members in the borough of Richmond who are concerned about the boathouse proposal for Orleans Riverside. Some have already returned the council's survey form. To enable others to take a view on the threat to the riverside environment we are inviting members to an informal picnic at the site at 12.30 on Saturday 30 August. I expect around 12 to 20 to attend (depending on weather). We will distribute our summer newsletter(on other topics) plus hard copies of the council's survey form for delivery at council offices the same day.

Although we think that a majority of our members dislike the proposal our line is that we want to see a democratic process with fair assessment of risks etc - so we will not instruct our people to follow your guidance, but we will make them aware of your campaign and petition websites. If enough of our local members press us to go further at the next stage we will respond. We have a small fund to help us do further investigation and public education on this topic. We'd like to keep in touch with you. Two years ago we had a stall at the Richmond Fair so we have some understanding of our local members' priorities - London airport to the fore, but conserving the riverside also mentioned by many. I hope this is useful and that we may keep in touch ... Sincerely
Steve Butters (Hon Sec CPRE London)

2014-08-25 13:05

It would help if you could provide the link (given that it is very time consuming searching their badly designed website.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-08-25 14:02

2014-08-25 14:48

Not appropriate in New Orleans NO
Lynda head. TW1 4HB

2014-08-25 17:41

3 times I've e-mailed the council asking for an assurance that the site cannot be converted into residential use. Unsurprisingly I've had no reply.
Disabled Diana

#8 Re:

2014-08-26 11:01

#3: -  

I agree wholeheartedly that the council website is well nigh impossible to use! it is so complicated and non user friendly, with far too much info on each page, yet not supplying info one wants..i.e. the names of councillors and for which department they stand!
I have searched and searched to find the councillor responsible for libraries..without success!

2014-08-27 10:08

Write a comment

2014-08-29 11:11

We visit a friend who lives in Richmond every year. We are from Stoke on trent. Our daughters love to walk down the Thames footpath to this beautiful spot at Orleans Riverside. It is so beautiful. Who ever made the decision to destroy it just has no idea at all of what real people need and want. The Gloriana needs to be located nearer to local businesses and to help the local economy. Save this beautiful place .

2014-09-12 12:08

Hoorah! Good News! Many thanks for all your efforts to gain this result.