Kenya Tourism Bill 2010 Petition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Kenya Tourism Bill 2010 Petition.

christine nyambura

#26 tourisn petation bill 2010

2011-02-11 14:39

this is a very good step forward in promoting the tourism industry and i send my sincere gratitude to CEO and to the members.
Alice Mumbi

#27 congratulations

2011-02-11 14:45

congratulations to the members who contributed to the tourism bill 2010
Raabia Hawa

#28 for the love of my nation

2011-02-14 12:06

As a Kenyan, I am deeply concerned about the current welfare of our greatest national asset and our heritage, wildlife. I plead with you to kindly consider making this bill more viable to ensure more responsible, ethical and sustainable tourism in this Great Nation. NAJIVUNIA! je, wewe?
The time to conserve our wildlife, our heritage, was yesterday, let's not plunder our resources, lets conserve together for a better, more prosperous Kenya. we do not want to be in a situation like many other countries, that have laid their assets to waste, put their lives on a thin line at gunpoint, and suffer greatly afterwards as they bear the brunt of the likes of global warming and natural disasters. We are a God fearing nation, let's keep it that way so we remain blessed. and lets take care of our blessings. :)
ASANTE
Norbert OTIENO

#29 Tourism Bill

2011-02-15 10:21

Let no kill other part of the country as if Tourism is only in the Coast and Maasai Mara. We should open other regions too sice Kenya is lucky to be a whole tourism attraction nation all round from our cultures, sites, sports etc.
We need regional boards to assit market the regions since each region understant its markest well.
Lala Woods

#30 Kenya Tourism Bill 2010 Petition

2011-02-15 12:14

Well written. One of the biggest problems with safeguarding tourist areas, protecting the wildlife and the areas in which they live, is that the local people do not see the benefits, therefore the reasons, for such protection. Until local people become fully involved, and importantly, benefit from tourism Kenya is faced with an uphill and expensive struggle to maintain its Tourist Industry.
It is so necessary to address these issues and the Kenya Tourism Bill 2010 Petition ignores this at its peril.
Thank you for bringing the Petition and it's inadequacies to the world's attention.
Ole Taiko Lemayian

#31 Technocrats in the Ministry of Tourism meet to incoporate community concerns in the Bill

2011-02-24 20:53

The Min of Tourism technocrats met yesterday to incorporate some of our concerns in the Tourism 2010 Bill. This is a positive gesture that resulted from our petition. We still need more issues to be incorporated.

Continue singing our petition for more action. Cheers!!
Ole Taiko Lemayian

#32 Re: Kenya Tourism Bill 2010 Petition

2011-02-24 20:56

Dear Lala!

Your concerns are very true! We are pushing on and thank you for believing in our course!!

Some little positive action is coming our way!!!
Anastanzia Wakesho

#33 Re: Domestic Tourism is Key for sustainable tourism

2011-03-01 06:48

Domestic Tourism is a very important component in our sector especially now when North Africa is facing alot of challenges leave alone our own East and Central Africa, those challenges are affecting the arrivals of International tourists in our country. It is therefore mandatory to promote Domestic tourism aggressively locally and we can only do this if Domestic tourism is factored in the bill,failure to that like we see now is a big mistake not only to our current generation but we are failing our future generation in a big way. We need the bill amended to factor in Domestic, cultural and community based tourism before it is passed.

I Anastanzia Wakesho support the amendment of the bill NOW!!!