Coles for Lightning Ridge

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Coles for Lightning Ridge.

2015-04-06 01:56

I have lived in Lighting Ridge and always visited family for holidays when I was a child so Lightning Ridge is a big part of my life.
Khan's IGA is a sad excuse for a shop with terrible stock rotation and out of date products not to mention their freezers are in adequate for the heat and most is defrosted and refrozen when you get home not to mention the up marked prices on items. Something needs to be done as this has being the case for years .
Coles for us!!!

#2 Re:

2015-04-06 04:46

#1: -  

If this is the change you want for Lightning Ridge, please share the link on Facebook to as many people as you know that live or have anything to do with Lightning Ridge.

It will indeed improve community services for both Locals and surrounding areas. All we need is 10,000 signitures for our success. 

2015-04-07 03:20

I use to live in lightning ridge and have many friends that still live there, the price of food is ridiculous and no choice on where to shop, this would be a great thing for lightning ridge and I would not have to cart food when I visit

2015-04-07 03:27

Cause i live in lightning ridge and we need a second supermarket

2015-04-07 04:02

because we need a nother supper market

2015-04-07 04:27

We really need competition we are getting ripped off something terrible.
IGA stores are crap, you pay good money for bad products most use by dates are up before you buy them .Hurry up and get here I'll welcome you with open arms
Local people have a good chance of getting a job as well.

2015-04-07 07:14

I am from Lightning Ridge originally, I moved away a few years ago and love to go home to visit, but always do shopping here before I go as it is to expensive to buy groceries up there , it would be the best thing for Lightning Ridge shopping wise and for job opportunities I hope this works out for everyone.

2015-04-07 08:35

Sick of shit I.G.A with there rotten food specialy meat it's discusting

#9 abousalty correct there products are most out of date , i bought items that were 1 year out of dat:

2015-04-07 08:39

#1: -  

2015-04-07 09:10

2015-04-07 10:18

Because the community need value for money.!!! Not only that we need to be able to have a choice of where we would like to spend our money.. The current situation is pathetic as the majority of cheap and affordable groceries have been taken off the shelves.. Hence customers/ locals having no choice but to pay the ridiculous prices put on the only items available.!!!!! Disgusting I say.. We need competition.!!!!

2015-04-07 12:04

Country people deserve to be able to buy groceries at affordable prices. They already pay much higher prices for most things ie: fuel, clothes, food and have limited choices.

2015-04-07 20:22

Because IGA needs competition as it knows that the people of Lightning Ridge don't have any other choice but to put up with the service they provide in regards to the attitude of some not all of the staff, the quality of the fruit and vegetables they expect us to buy and get one day out of and then it goes rotten and the shelves on so many occasions have run out of products because whoever does the ordering doesn't order enough to meet the demand. Only yesterday 7th April they had no fresh salads, no sausages (not one) and no bread on the shelves and that's only what I was wanting. No good enough.

2015-04-07 20:29

We need competition in our town

2015-04-07 22:25

I lived in the Ridge for many years and they really need a Coles
Coles for us

#16 Re:

2015-04-08 02:24

I am pretty sure that most will agree! So please continue to share this to people that you know that have friends or family in Lightning Ridge or Surrounding areas. 

This is our voice, help us be heard!

2015-04-08 02:28

we need a larger store

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-04-08 03:09

2015-04-08 06:07

1. there is a high risk of food poisoning ,,, chicken being off the same day you purchased it ,,, frozen produce thawing and being refrozen,,, milk, custard and yoghurt out of date and off before the date has expired
2. fresher produce,,, no more rotten fruit and veg
3. lack of adequate service
to infinity and beyond !!!!!!

2015-04-08 07:08

We need it.

2015-04-08 10:40

We desperately need another supermarket simply because khans IGA is way to over-priced and is not very good produce

2015-04-18 23:09

We have family living in Lightning Ridge and visit often, they desperately need a real supermarket like Coles to offer fresh food and vital supplies. Tired of buying food like fruit getting home and finding it is rotten inside. Shop at Coles in Brissie and your food is the best :) over the Easter long weekend we could not buy a fresh loaf of bread, they were out of bread for the entire long weekend, even until Wednesday we tried to get bread. To me this is a basic food. The IGA is understocked, over priced, and sells rotten food, what more can I say.

2015-04-19 00:30

iga is too expensive and the food is not fresh

2015-05-31 21:36

Because iga is the only shopping centre to buy your shopping at in the ridge and it is way over prices with poor quality produce t

2015-06-04 09:12

We need some healthy competition in Lightning Ridge as we have had "Khans IGA " as our ONLY supermarket for the past 7 or so years ! The extra jobs would also be welcomed by the many hardworking people in the area . We are tired if the substandard produce and purchasing out of date items ( some ). Also having some " Happy Staff " that are pleased to have a job would be a nice change. I'm personally sick of the poor service .