Stop restrictions on Caravans in the Isle of Man

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop restrictions on Caravans in the Isle of Man.

2015-04-09 19:23

I use my caravan to take my niece for quality time with her no tv just old fashioned play time

2015-04-10 13:16

We have a Government that are not prepared to listen to the Manx people
They all forget we voted for them to make realistic decisions and are missing a chance of bringing more tourist to the Isle of Man

2015-04-10 14:03

IT'S THE THIN END OF A VERY FAT WEDGE.

2015-04-10 16:36

These proposals are way over the top, there is a non-existent problem with caravans and I do not want to see these types of rules introduced around perfectly legal activities/methods of transport. The idea that they are a traffic hazard & cause congestion is nonsensical, especially as they are talking about permitting them during the busiest times of year (TT etc) and they are not banning other slow or large vehicles! 100% against every bit of these proposals, especially the part about never permitting Manx residents to bring over new caravans (I don't own a caravan)!

2015-04-11 12:20

I thought that under EU laws we had rights of movement and when was it against the law to use or buy a legal product. Maybe the people responsible for this stupid idea should remember this when its polling day.

2015-04-13 16:58

Living on the Isle of Man for 12 years now and Love it! I have a motor home and enjoy getting out and about around the island and find it invaluable when watching the races etc as it gives me a great base to work from wherever I am on days out with bikes etc too. Never have I seen a caravan on the island and so fail to see how they can site congestion as a key issue. Far better as above to introduce a law which forbids cyclists driving 2/3 abreast, have you ever tried driving around the island on a Sunday morning for instance, it's downright dangerous with push bikes on the wrong side of the road round country bends, going through red lights and straight across on roundabouts like they are immune to the laws of the road.

leave caravans alone please, this is something we should be encouraging not restricting. Yes by all means employ a permit system for those not resident but why should residents be told what they can and cannot do.... Ridiculous!!!

2015-04-13 20:15

The Isle of Man does not need any more reasons for people NOT to come here! The island is dead for 6 months of the year already and if caravan restrictions happen then it means even less tourism and Manx residents enjoying a nice outdoor activity. The Isle of Man government need to get real!!!

2015-04-13 20:36

I camp in a caravan at Glen Wyllin every summer with my children and hope we can continue to do so for years to come, we won't be able to if they stop any caravans being purchased and brought on to IoM .

2015-04-13 20:54

Because motorhomes are no different to vans? All that's different is the inside they are same engines,same cabs and same length so what's the problem?

#35 Re:

2015-04-14 19:29

#3: -  

Yes, you can return to the IOM for a holiday but leave your eye sore at home! Caravans have never been allowed on the island! Long may the Manx scenery not be blighted by these eyesores . 

Sam Hammonds
The author of this petition

#36 Re: Re:

2015-04-14 21:31

#35: Guest - Re:  

have you ever looked inside anyone's caravan, before coming to the decision they are eye sores. The caravan I own would actually out do some properties on the a Island. 

Regards

Sam Hammonds "someone who is not afraid of showing their name"

#37 Re: Re:

2015-04-15 18:58

#35: Guest - Re:  

There's no law saying caravans aren't aloud in the isle of man and never has been so get of your high horse and get a life 

2015-04-15 19:44

hi every body got the right to traval any where your right your govt do live in the dark age and yet they can do what they want cheers .tom

2015-04-16 22:03

I think this legislation is plain wrong and we should be finding ways to encourage these type of tourists to the island!!! And I don't even own a caravan!!

2015-04-16 22:18

Ludicrous restrictions on the free enjoyment citizens are entitled to are being made increasingly without any challenge.

The idiots 'in charge' have had their day. This is a push towards seeing them unseated and unable to make such unbelievably ignorant decisions as this ever again.

2015-04-17 08:41

Invasion of liberty

2015-04-17 08:52

I have many friends who are caravan owners and I encourage them to visit the Isle of Man as it is such a beautiful island and usually very hospitable. I know as I visit my family there often. I cannot understand how such a bigoted ruling can be passed into law when visitors can only help the island's economy and it's future prosperity. Please don't let this happen..

2015-04-17 17:30

Because Myself & my wife use our caravan for all our main holidays planning to go to the Isle of Man for a holiday

2015-04-17 18:33

Its just another restriction putting on isle of man residents

2015-04-17 18:46

I'm a caravaner

2015-04-18 00:50

Just another piece of unnecessary bureaucracy and looks like a sledgehammer to crack a nut Why persecute the multitude of ordinary legitimate caravanners that use recognised campsites just to control the behaviour of the few that park their vans in inappropriate places? Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to come up with a better solution? Or does the Government of the IOM consist of Jeremy Clarkson clones with the same illogical hate of caravans?

2015-04-18 07:36

Because the restrictions are unfair!

2016-05-19 08:16

Is it to late to sign?

2016-06-16 01:55

Love camping and why ban caravans ?
Ps3

#50 Caravan permits

2016-06-22 08:23

freedom to flourish what a joke