KEEP COBURN ELEMENTARY OPEN

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KEEP COBURN ELEMENTARY OPEN.

2015-04-16 17:38

Coburn is a great School with great Teachers! My daughter has advanced so much with the help of Coburn Elementary. My son starts school this year and I'm praying Coburn stays open so both my kids can attend there! Save Our School!!!

2015-04-16 18:36

They would have to provide transportation to and from the school i dont think coburn should close its a great school

2015-04-16 19:14

i signed this because the only people saving money is the school. It's gonna cost the parents way more money to take their kids across town to a different school. I think it is time battle creek public schools stop being so stingy with their money. If it wasn't for the kids going their they wouldn't have money at all. And if the parents have to drive that far for their kids to go to school y not send them to a better school district like lakeview or Harper creek where their kids will learn more anyways

2015-04-16 20:38

We would like to see the school stay open for our children.We have 4 kids and theyll all be attending coburn if it stays open.If it closes,we leave Battle Creek. No reason for the kids to be jam packed int. Ann J Kellogg.

2015-04-16 20:51

If Coburn closes, my kids leave BCPS! I can't believe they expect their top 2 performance schools to close to boost test scores in another school. These kids are doing good because of where they are now, don't take that away from them, it will only cause them to drop. And my kids surely won't attend a school in a bad area! I worry about my child enough as it is at Coburn and Coburn is located in one of the better parts of Battle Creek compared to others schools that still remain open...

2015-04-16 23:48

My son will attend this school this year if it stays open, support Coburn!

2015-04-17 03:22

My niece Heaven goes to Corbun Elementary School. She loves her school and her teacher and her classmates. Why would you guys close down a school that is full of students just to put then in a school with bigger classes just to save you guys money.

2015-04-17 04:26

My kids went to Corburn from K-to 6thgrade AWESOME TEACHERS AWESOME SCHOOL

2015-04-17 04:47

Family's around here need a school in walking distance

2015-04-17 06:18

I have 2 children that go to Coburn.

2015-04-17 13:44

Because I'm close to the school

2015-04-17 15:16

this school needs to stay open My Grand sons go there and they love this school and the teachers there too

2015-04-17 15:47

B/c my son goes to this school and he loves it and we also have friends and family that attend this school as well!!

2015-04-17 17:02

My Grandson goes to cobran Elementary and if you close it down then he will be forced to go to another school and he has no transportation to school at homeheat

2015-04-17 17:54

all my children went there. my two younger children are currently attending now. my parents and other family went there. i can go on

2015-04-17 19:08

Coburn was the very first school I attended. Mrs Moore was my teacher and she's amazing as are the other teachers.. Coburn is amazing! I would hate to see it close. Would love for my boys to attend there!

2015-04-17 21:20

My nieces school hate to see them relocate

2015-04-17 21:24

I went there when I was a kid all my kids went there its a great school . the teachers are great

2015-04-17 21:36

My grandson goes there it's close to his home a great school for him and a super great teacher!!! He also has 2 younger sisters that will attend there in a couple years also...

2015-04-17 22:15

I think overall the BCPS need to QUIT closing schools!!! Three of my five children have attended URBANDALE since kindergarten! Mind you they're school is still up for closing. No matter where we have lived for the past 6 years, I CHOSE school of choice - drove them, Family/friends help when my vehicle wasn't running, cabs etc etc. An amazing teacher from Urbandale even took it upon herself to offer to transport my kids to & from school! Second year in doing so even though I have a vehicle. Bonds are made everywhere, just as I hear many others say you're known by name etc. Guess what?! So are my kids, myself & family at URBANDALE!!! Point is.... EVERY STUDENT. PARENT & STAFF HAVE a story... History with THEIR school. SORRY for anyone experiencing this situation!!! Then they wonder why so many families transfer to a different district?!?! It isn't rocket science!!!! Best wishes to all families involved, staff etc

2015-04-17 23:17

I went there in kindergarten I have friends with kids an family members still attend this school

2015-04-18 01:27

I think they are closing way to many schools how do you expect our children to learn if your gonna pack the classrooms with too many kids keep these schools open the children need to learn they are our future

2015-04-19 09:38

What are you all thinking ? Our kids need there education and not all crammed into a school with piers older than they .

2015-04-19 12:39

My kids, now grown, went to this school, as we lived on Eldred St., and we too walked them to school. Closing these schools is just ridiculous. Closing another elementary school makes classes bigger and learning harder. Think about the kids, not your pocketbook.
concerned

#25 coburn school

2015-04-19 19:13

Anyone and everyone in this area, should be on board with this. Think about it if your children get carted off to a school and placed in a crowded room where the teacher is already overwhelmed by the amount of students in the class, then what chance does your child, grandchild, stepchild, nephew, and or neice have. You might as well as keep them home because they will be ignored and ostracize from the community/school that they will be attending. I guess we should go back to the dark ages where children are slaves for the Masters with all the money, then all they will have to learn is what ever their families are good for. NOTHING. Really then If you don't care what your children learn, then fine don't share this.