George Municipality to enforce bylaw relating to roads and street

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition George Municipality to enforce bylaw relating to roads and street.

2015-05-07 10:02

The street people use the beatifull plants as a toilet . The leave their rubbish on the paivement . They run into your car or in front off your car to get on a bakkie for work . They knok on your car window to get your tention . They specialy imidating the singel women in their cars on the robot and stop at Fairviev Gardens . They swear at you or tell you , you are a rasist , if you say no to them when they beg for something !!

2015-05-07 10:24

My children uses these roads daily and I am afraid for their safety

2015-05-07 11:24

To ensure my safety.

2015-05-07 11:50

The corners of Stockenstrom Street and Wellington Street - problem area - during the day these people are loitering on the stoep of Wellton Square (especially on Saturdays and Sundays) and at night time they sleep on the stoeps of HENMARS and Police services.  If these people do not have an address where they have to pay rates and taxes - they cannot decide that they want to loiter in a neighbourhood where they feel safe to sit and loiter all day and night - they have to be removed from our neighbourhood.  I hereby also want to ask the people not to give these people any food or money.  There is a soup kithcen in their neighbourhood which are funded by the social welfare organization who provide services in their area.  No reason for them to be hungry.  I am pretty sure that these people also receive a grant from SASSA (
in either form -  disability grant or old age grant)

2015-05-07 11:53

Ek voel baie onveilig wanneer ek by die robot op die hoek van 1st Straat moet wag vir die lig op oor te slaan na groen om te kan ry. Op die kruising van Eerstestraat en Mannstraat en die hoek van Meyer en Eerste Straat sit daar ook mense wie daar nie hoort nie. Baie van die publiek wat daar werkers oplaai, maak dit nie makliker vir wetstoepassing nie, aangesien hulle wys hulle gee nie gehoor daaraan nie, so waarom sal die ongewenste persone daaraan gehoor gee. Straf diegene wie daar mense oplaai, swaar.

2015-05-07 11:57

Corners of Wellington and Stockenstrom streets - people loitering during day and night on Wellton square and Henmars and Hair dresser stoeps

2015-05-07 12:20

For the safety of everyone in George
Jo*

2015-05-07 12:53

It does no good to publicise crime prevention if nothing is done about it at grass roots level. The residents of this neighbourhood also have constitutional rights, afterall, we are law-abiding taxpayers. Please remove these loitering vagrants from our residential areas and I'm sure we shall see a dramatic decline in crime. Residents, especially women and children, are tired of being harrassed and verbally abused or threatened if we don't give in to their "requests"(demands) for money, food, etc. Please don't wait for something terrible to happen before someone in authority steps up and takes notice..prevention has always proved better than a cure.

2015-05-07 13:13

Crime in the area.

2015-05-07 13:42

My children live in First Street, George and it is not even safe to go for a walk in that street !!!

2015-05-07 14:34

This bylaw should be enforced throughout George. The Virgin Active gym carpark in Heather Park is always littered with beggars asking for money - I feel intimidated EVERY time I return to my car and cars have been vandalised in the car park and no guessing who is behind the vandalism. The one beggar is 18 years old (I asked him) so in my opinion they are no longer kids to feel sorry for and they should be out there looking for honest work. Loitering should be made illegal right throughout George.

2015-05-07 14:55

We need a safe environment for our children wives and old people . We had enough of criminals now

2015-05-07 17:07

Had a break-in three weeks ago..feel very unsafe. A lot of vagrants in our area.

2015-05-07 17:21

The crime rate is picking up in George east we as public cant
take it any more.

2015-05-07 17:55

For a cleaner and safer town

2015-05-07 18:16

My house was burgled in daylight and I feel that it is due to the influx of street walkers especially in First Street and the loitering, cnr Mann and First, and the Meyer St bridge. I lost all my jewelry and a Laptop and bycicle. A ring of 80yrs old which belonged to my late mother. A bracelet given to me by my late husband 40 years ago and more. My heart is broken. We need to get these people out so that we can live in peace again. They have their own place to be picked up for employment accross from Tekkie Town. I moved hear 2 years ago and thought this is the greatest place. Now I wonder! Was that a good decision?

2015-05-08 07:15

It is against the law to loiter in the streets so the people standing there as well as the ones picking them up are breaking the law. The authorities have put systems in pkace where the work seekers can go to be picked up for a job. It can only work if both parties - the job seekers and those who need someone to do a job - make use of the structures in place and support the efforts by the authorities.

2015-05-08 09:19

Sodat ons woonbuurte veilig kan wees. Tans is dit nie die geval nie.

2015-05-09 06:49

Ons woon al 8 jaar in Mann Straat. Die probleem van mense wat hier rondloop was toe al daar en dit word by die dag erger. Ons het al telke male die munisipaliteit geskakel hieroor. Niks word gedoen nie. Dit is n briljante idee hierdie om n daadwerklike poging aan te wend. Hoe meer mense saamstaan en hierdie petisie onderteken hoe groter die kans om gehoor te word. 

2015-05-11 13:37

Want dit is gevaarlik vir ons vroue en kinders om daar Te loop en mense Pla mense wat by robort stop

2015-05-11 18:28

Because of the extreme public nuisance / disturbance factor created by workers. The mayor promised that provision has been made for these work seekers to assemble at a designated place in the industrial area. All this effort and commitment must now be followed through.

2015-05-13 05:28

George Municipality has an obligation to me to enforce bylaws. I pay my taxes every month and they have to fulfill their obligation to me in return and not evade them as they have been doing.

2015-05-13 06:50

The community has been complaining about this practice for ages. It is time for the municipality to do something about this to protect the members of the community. We have the right to feel safe in our own homes.