Change New Jersey Gun Laws!!!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Change New Jersey Gun Laws!!!!.

2015-06-12 19:06

When you only have seconds, the police are just minutes away.

2015-06-12 19:09

I believe that we all should have our own choice of self defense. I believe it is a God given right. Self preservation is an instinct not to be regulated by beauracrats.

#28 Re:

2015-06-12 19:21

#25: -  Thank you for your support. If all Americans who don't own guns felt this way, this would be possible. You never know, one day your life could be saved by an armed, law abiding citizen!

2015-06-12 21:23

Not one gun law has EVER stopped a criminal with intent. Gun laws need to reflect more penalty for the abuser than restrictions to the law abiding!
jjbb

2015-06-13 00:24

People need to understand the second amendment is supposed to allow citizens to carry weapons for self defense without any major restrictions. It was an amendment, there are hundreds of pages of court transcripts available for viewing where the courts and original authors describe everything the second amendment was supposed to protect. It was supposed to permit the citizentry to be armed enough to defend themselves against the US military, and to use and carry weapons for the purposes of self defense and even law enforcement. Many of those freedoms have long been taken away. Some of it makes sense, it's probably a bad idea to allow anyone to own a 50 cal mounted machine gun with explosive ammo or let anyone get a gun and play cop, but there is no reason law abiding citizens cAnt own and use any shoulder fired small arm or handgun for self defense, hunting, and sporting. Strict gun control has never successfully reduced crime in the US or anywhere else. Criminals get guns no matter what. We need to allow citizens to defend themselves against these criminals. Up to 3 million crimes are stopped by armed citizens every year (CDC, 2013) but very few are in NJ because of these laws, all we have are victims. 

2015-06-13 00:31

Our gun laws are flawed, based on cosmetic appearance. i.e. bayonet lug, who even uses them anymore, non collapsible stock- even at fully collapsed you still can't hide it, flash hider- it really doesn't hide the flash, 15 round capacity- even if it is 15 rounds there is something called a reload- so that is just unreasonable. none enforces the 30 day issue, and concealed carry is impossible to get...look at states with concealed carry- the citizens can actually defend themselves unlike here and recently day 43 still waiting for her permit and she was murdered. she had a reason to have the license and an even better reason for concealed carry. she might still be alive today. criminals always carry and break the law. there was a shootout a block up from where i work this week. i doubt they had ccw license or a FID for that matter

2015-06-13 00:48

I believe law abiding citizens should and can responsibly carry concealed firearms to protect themselves from those who are not following the law!

2015-06-13 02:20

NJ laws keep criminals with illegal firearms without penalties while law abiding citizens must conform to them.

2015-06-13 03:23

New Jersey laws need to be repealed

2015-06-13 12:12

Because I would like to exercise my constitutional right to own and carry a weapon. I would also like to get an armed security position.

2015-06-14 00:04

It's time the people of N.J. have the right to defend ourselves, and now a days help defend the police. The police can't be everywhere all the time . The need the right of self protection. It is proven in most states that a armed society has less violent crime..

2015-06-14 11:57

I think everybody should have the right to carry for protection

2015-06-15 19:49

My reason for signing is simple, the gun laws of New Jersey are long outdated. They cause far more harm than they do good, and need to be completely revamped. "Justifiable need" is outright unconstitutional and impossible to prove as it is subjective. Criminals by definition break the law, so what makes our state lawmakers think gun laws will be different? It's long past time to level the playing field, and arm potential victims. You know us, the people who have been fingerprinted, had background checks, and have proven they can be trusted. Bad guys will always have weapons, time to arm the citizens they prey on.

2015-06-15 20:23

It's time to change the draconian firearm laws in NJ!

2015-06-15 20:49

It's our constitutional right to bare arms

2015-06-15 21:30

We should be able to carry guns. The criminals do why can't the law abiding public. States with good gun laws have low crime

2015-06-15 21:36

47 other state that I can live in that recognize my right, as a human being, to defend my life and the lives of those I love. Why can't I be granted the right to defend my life? I am far more deserving of that courtesy than any criminal who is so easily released on plea deals after committing a shooting.

2015-06-15 21:40

Legislators like Steve Sweeney are pigs that impose these laws for votes fully knowing they harm people. Swiney is a pig and should be put out to pasture. Law abiding citizens keep getting charged with crimes or killed while criminals spend little time in jail if caught. Time to make New Jermany a shall issue carry permit state.

2015-06-15 22:02

Our lives matter too!

2015-06-16 00:32

Carry laws need to change. No reason a qualified person can't carry a gun.

2015-06-16 13:29

New jersey's law abiding citizens are tied if being pushed around...

2015-06-18 10:08

It should be legal to carry, period.