LINKSFIELD DEVELOPMENT

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition LINKSFIELD DEVELOPMENT.

2015-09-06 18:26

Because I use Linkfield road on a regular basis to gain access to the motorway and northern suburbs

2015-09-06 19:22

Residence in the area don't need another shopping or business complex ... there are enough

2015-09-06 19:51

Too many shopping centers in the area, and the roads already can't handle the traffic volumes as it is

2015-09-06 20:41

Is there a back hand going on here that Councillor Rundle is being kept away.

2015-09-09 12:18

Traffic is already terrible. We don't need a Shopping Centre to add to it!

2015-09-09 12:36

no access roads into this area

2015-09-09 13:57

The road infrastructure around this development is totally inadequate! I wonder if any invetigations into this has ever been done before granting the go ahead? Also, there is a huge PnP Superstore at Greenstone which is only 1km away! Therefore, I do not feel a major development of this size is going to benefit anyone. Traffic will be total chaos.
Thank You.

#8 Re:

2015-09-09 14:15

#7: -  

The traffic around Linksfield and St. Andrews is already terrible. Now they want to increase it by putting another mall in? It's ludicrous, especially when you consider that half the stores in Greenstone are empty and Van Riebeeck Mall is like a ghost town.

2015-09-09 14:47

Corruption at work no doubt

2015-09-09 16:27

This is totally impractical. Linksfield road is already too congested and now you will have cars turning but the worst is tuning in to join the traffic.

2015-09-09 20:20

Because the currant infrastructures cannot carry the buildings planned for this area.

2015-09-09 22:41

Too close to the highway - vehicle access will cause further traffic congestion

2015-09-10 08:33

I work next to this and I think it will be a monstrosity apart from the entrance to the public which will be practially impossible. The traffic on the linksfield road is already a nightmare especially getting children to both Edenvale High and Greek school, IT SHOULD BE STOPPED

2015-09-13 20:19

The amount of development in unsuitable locations is just getting completely out of control. And it is alarming that we only hear about these schemes once they are almost a "fait accompli". Somebody's pockets are being very lucratively lined and the public are on the losing end. Instead of building a new Pick n' Pay on a road that cannot cope with any further traffic, why do they not concentrate on rehabilitating the Edenvale CBD. It is becoming emptier all the time.

2015-09-17 13:20

Designated area already traffic overburdened.
Developers trying to avoid dissent from affected residents in the area , like putting a sign in the middle of a field.Also get impression that political " assistance " being provided to developers from government officials.
Also obvious that DA councilor Rundle deliberately being "snubbed".What are the developers/ANC afraid of ? Being exposed of avoiding responsible actions?

2015-09-21 16:17

The traffic on the Linksfield Road is so bad as it is now
how will the customers who are going to us the center not add to the traffic flow And Make it worse

2015-09-22 11:06

Increased turning traffic on what is already a main arterial and urban 'rat race' will significantly increase the traffic accident rate and conjestion. Noise and air pollution during construction and subsequent operation will negatively affect the adjacent residential properties.

2015-09-28 05:33

The centre is unnecessary given the number of shops in the area already and it will cause unnecessary traffic congestion with no real added value. It is also unacceptable that processed were bypassed. It appears that for some rules do not appear to apply which is unacceptable!!!

2015-09-30 08:40

There is no need for additional retail shopping centres of this type in the area, there are multiple options within very short driving distance. The road access to the proposed development is completely inadequate and will significantly increase congestion.

#20 Re:

2015-10-02 10:00

#2: -  

Dowerglen Resident

2015-10-12 15:36

Where are the cars supposed to exit and enter this utterly unnecessary shopping centre? There's already an enormous bottleneck in Linksfield Road. There's no space for additional lanes. There's no space for improving the Linksfield Road interchange. 

2015-11-02 05:44

I'm a resident in the area and find this matter to be unlawful in that it had not followed any of the protocols in terms of the law ie. Communication and engaging with residents to establish whether there was a need for this development. I further disagree and have this signed a petition that the development will place tremendous pressure on an already congested Linksfield road and surroundings. It appears that all powers in favour of this project, are the ones financially gaining from it and who have no consideration for the people and commuters in the area.