Off-leash dog parks SLC

Off-leash dog parks SLC / Announcements / Are you as frustrated as I am? / Comments

2015-07-31 20:28

I see the issue. I can only offer a few reason why you don't have more support and why there is so much oppositon: Those of us who are reading this are not the ones who don't clean up after their dogs, and we are not the ones that allow our dogs to be out of control and aggressive. Unfortunately the bad dog owners do not participate, and are the ones that are giving the rest of us a bad reputation, and I don't know if we will ever be able to fix this problem. There are a lot of irresponsible dog owners! There is also a large percentage of dogs owners who are making do with what we have and don't care to add more leash free areas. I feel restricted in what i can do because one my best friends (and my husband's too) is on "the other side", she is an advocate for fewer dogs and leash free parks. She is terrorized of dogs because she was attacked. I see her point too and I am upset at people that let their big scary looking dogs off the leash. My small dog was also attacked and I am scared of large dogs running at us...
Good luck!
marjieb

2015-07-31 20:31

The Boulder, Colorado model. The burden is on the city to demonstrate why this evolved concept concerning off-leash dos will not be considered! https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/voice-and-sight