Save Our Ceramics

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Ceramics.

2011-05-12 00:14

DONT SHUT IT DOWN!

2011-05-12 13:45

Closing the ceramics department will be a huge mistake. I personally attend the arts department shows each summer and have bought work from students in the past as the techniques taught within the department really help some amazing talent to find new and exciting avenues for self-expression. The work coming from the department is of an excellent standard.

2011-05-13 06:08

Without Art, a little piece of humanity dies.

2011-05-13 12:45

I spent the first year franchaise of a three year Fine Art Degree couse at Southport College. The programme was insightful, educational and exceptionally hardwork. With the support from an avaiable team of tutors, my tuition was eased, strengthened and honed, which increased my confidence with of an exceptional Team Leader. Eventually, moving to the second part of the franchaise (LJMU) I honestly felt uncomfortable at first, but this was a new venture. The tutors from Southport College had imput and visited LJMU regularly, which made me feel comfortable with the knowledge that Southport's facilities were still open to me. Support from the ceramics team at Southport College was always on hand, including the input of ceramics students. They encouraged each other through a social/student basis, which was a healthy venture through diverse age and learning levels. The passion of Southport's tuition and stuctural frame-work is second to none, with an impeccable, educational, creative and social atmosphere. Having graduated with First Class Honours in 2008 as part of Southport College/LJMU there is no doubt in my mind how important this Ceramics Studio is to everyone, irrespective of past or present educational level/s or skills. 

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-05-13 13:24

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-05-13 13:25

Save Our Ceramics

#7 Re: Your comments

2011-05-13 13:26

#4: -

Thanks for your comments. Would you be happy for them to be used as part of our campaign? ie. sent along with others to the principal of the college, posted on the facebook campaign page, etc? If you would prefer, please reply privately to annetteweb@hotmail.com quoting your guest comment number. Thanks, Annette

2011-05-31 18:08

This is a very important resource which should be kept open for existing and future users.