Part-time Soldiers should be considered as Military Veterans

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Part-time Soldiers should be considered as Military Veterans.

2011-06-07 09:53

I fully support the content of this petition having served as a conscript myself.

2011-06-07 14:11

It is disgraceful and disrespectful that the Definition of "Military Veteran" can summarily be changed at this late stage, especially after the exhaustive prior process to derive at the definition contained in the Military Veterans' Bill before Parliament.
Robbie

#3 Re:

2011-06-07 14:14

I have served in the SADF and SANDF for a total of 47 years and have done so with pride, irrespective of who the government of the day was. To exclude me and all the other conscripts is a slap in the face, disgraceful to say the least and nothing more than pure racial discrimination to a large degree.

#4 *4

2011-06-07 16:23

Does any one know if this only for us or does this also go to the MK guys cause maybe we should tell them if they do not know
MikeS

#5 Re: *4

2011-06-10 23:39

#4: - *4

This applies to SADF conscripts only (it does NOT apply to MK), but be aware that MK veterans are just as poorly treated...