We Oppose the Persimmon Development on Frenze Hall Lane, Diss.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition We Oppose the Persimmon Development on Frenze Hall Lane, Diss..

2016-03-06 07:22

The infrastructure is not there to support this extra housing.

2016-03-06 09:42

In my opinion there isnt the infrastrute for vehicles at the present time for the proposed developments.....a north bypass would be a good idea before any development goes ahead this side of Diss

2016-03-06 09:44

Shortage of Roads, Doctors, Schools and general amenities to accommodate the new proposed development. If our town is opposed to a new development of a few shops behind Thatchers Needle so should it be opposed to 140 houses being built. 

2016-03-07 00:37

This development is simply outrageous and completely thoughtless. Totally inaccessible and will cause mayhem for this area, such small roads. They have height restrictions under the bridge. Not only mayhem for this area but the whole of Diss will be at a standstill.

2016-03-07 00:40

Diss will be diabolical if this goes ahead.
S

2016-03-07 05:21

Frenze Road is not designed for that level of throughput of cars. Particularly as it goes to single lane just past field house gardens (heading towards town). Mums with pushchairs have to push prams into the road  as the pavement is too narrow, which will only be made worse still if they allow this.

2016-03-07 08:07

I live close to the proposed development and feel the existing infrastructure needs to be reviewed. Increased traffic near the Frenze bridge and along Frenze road will make this already busy road even more dangerous. I use this road down to Angles Way to walk my dog along with another 15-20 users a day and it can be quite scary trying to avoid the traffic.
Drs surgery is currently difficult to obtain an appointment. With another possible 300-450 residents from this development this will put an increased strain on the health centr, dentists and schools in the town.

2016-03-07 08:30

I signed this petition because I think this development is not a good thing for Diss as the schools and Doctors are already overwhelmed plus all the extra traffic will only add to the problems of the overcrowded roads in Diss

2016-03-07 08:37

The schools ,doctors surgery and roads are already at capacity levels and more of our lovely country side will be lost

2016-03-07 14:01

Diss will become gridlocked with extra traffic. People aren't the only inhabitants around this area. There are deer and birds etc. We should be discouraging people from overpopulating. The council should be ashamed of themselves how they have ruined Diss (and Harleston and Attleborough). Take a look at John Betcheman's visit to Diss on youtube. he would turn in his grave if he could see how it looks now.

2016-03-08 06:30

Isn't it obvious?!

2016-03-08 11:25

highways issues need to be sorted

2016-03-09 18:45

Roads need up grading in the surrounding area to accommodate the proposal ,its not just about building more houses willy nilly just to make the figures look good for the town

2016-03-11 09:00

I have signed this petition because although I appreciate that more new homes are needed for a growing society, I believe that infrastructure (such as adequate roadways, access, health, and education provision) must be put in place as a first priority, not talked about and then ignored as seems to happen in an increasing number of developments these days. Planners - please make this work well for the whole community for the long-term, not just to jump to Government demands and to satisfy a minority in the short term.

2016-03-16 15:17

I oppose this on the unsuitability of the access roads and no upgrading of infrastructure in Diss

2016-03-21 14:33

I feel that the existing housing estate that would be affected by the building of these new homes has already had an impact on the increasing traffic congestion in Vinces Road . Although a survey was undertaken to ask residents what their thoughts were before the road route was decided, nothing was done to alleviate the traffic congestion.
I feel that more housing in this area would have an impact on every aspect of living around this already congested area.

2016-03-21 14:51

I agree with all the comments made. There are many improvements that need to be done before any new development should even be considered. The present health centre and dentists are finding it difficult to cope with the present population of Diss without the additional residents of any new development. The roads are congested now - how will they cope with even more traffic - they are just not wide enough to manage more.

2016-03-22 14:26

There is already too much traffic on the roads in Diss and this needs to be dealt with first some roads in the town have already become like a bottlneck caused by the Aldi store and the last housing estate built. Diss cannot cope with all this traffic on its roads.
jinglebells

2016-03-27 12:05

I agree with all previous comments,I would like to add the promise of a bigger Health Centre when all these new sites have been developed is a bit optimistic when it is well known that country wide GP's are taking early retirement and new GP's are just not out there.

The people who come up with the plans do not live and work here to understand the everyday problems already present with Diss with traffic,parking plus all the previously mentioned valid reasons.

As a cyclist,walker and car owner who has lived in the area for over 35 years I have experienced first hand the increasing danger from traffic whilst getting in and out of the town.

The area is totally unsuitable in my opinion and will cause chaos both during and after its construction,the appeal of Diss just goes downhill.