Stop the Bengeo Quarry

Stop the Bengeo Quarry / Announcements / Stop the Bengeo Quarry **Update ** / Comments

2016-04-08 13:16

Dear Angela,
I would like to register my objection to the proposed development of an open quarry in the fields between Sacombe Road, Wadesmill Road (B158), and Chapmore End forrest . I have serious concerns are about this proposed quarry, including :
- Damage to local countryside;
-Unsafe increase of air pollution causing high health risks;
- Unsafe increase traffic.

Kind regards,
Cristina Ribeiro

2016-04-08 13:36

1969 Act are laid out in The Mines and Quarries (Tips) Regulations, 1971. Subsequently The Quarries Regulations 1999 state that tips must be designed, constructed, operated and maintained so that instability or movement likely to cause risk to the health and safety of any person, is avoided. They also specify the geotechnical and other measures to be taken to ensure this. Other legislation which may have some bearing on the construction, operation and disposal of mineral waste tips include the Rivers (Prevention of Pollution) Acts and the Clean Air Acts.

2016-04-08 13:48

Something to consider when opposing;

http://www.hse.gov.uk/quarries/hardtarget/protection.htm

Transport accounts for 40% of all accidents in quarries and 60% of all deaths. It has been a priority for HSE for many years but until the industry addresses safe vehicle, safe workplace, competent driver and supervision it will not improve. None of the things set out below are complicated and there are some basic things that can be done straight away which will have a significant improvement in the figures.

THIS COMES STRAIGHT FROM THE HEALTH AND SAFETY EXEXUCTIVE WEBSITE.

Transport accounts for 40% of all accidents in quarries and 60% of all deaths

There are some basic things that can be done straight away which will have a significant improvement in the figures.

Anyone opposing this - consider contacting the Health and Safety Exec website, as I have, before it is too late.

2016-04-08 17:49

The negative impact to our roads and the environment.