Declare Kirstie Unfit For Jury Duty

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Declare Kirstie Unfit For Jury Duty.

2016-06-22 19:39

having met Kirstie in person face to face not just over the net, I cannot see how she could realistically sit as a juror for an extended period of time without significant detriment to her health.

2016-06-22 19:46

I'm Kirstie's housemate and have been for almost two years. I've seen first hand how her Fibro can affect her both physically and mentally at times. I also see how often she is in severe pain, and am one of the two that continuously goes places with her and pushes her in her wheelchair because she is usually unable to on her own. She doesn't even cross the road to go to the shop alone because her social anxiety is so high. There's no way she'll be able to sit on a jury, even going through the recusal process will affect her for weeks afterwards.

2016-06-22 19:59

She cannot realistically be expected to attend as a juror given her medical conditions.

2016-06-22 20:06

I signed this petition because this is not something kirstie can do. She's got fybro which causes her alot of pain and limiting things she can do. She would be left in a massive amount of pain all over her body and the people who care for her wouldn't be able to be there to support her in every way they do everyday

2016-06-22 20:14

As Kirstie's sister and someone who is her unofficial carer, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that she would not be fit to sit on a Jury, or even manage to go through the recusal process without a strong negative impact on her physical and mental health. 

2016-06-22 22:04

How can you say she's fit for dury when a doctor sees her for few minutes but don't see her when at her worse

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-06-22 22:07

2016-06-22 22:17

Being in Kirstie's life for almost 2 years now, I can confirm that she is unfit for any form of Jury Duty do to her health conditions, both physically, and mentally. Her health conditions cause her more than just discomfort, but severe amounts of pain. And with her anxiety, depression and triggers, she is subject to attacks that become physical, quickly. Her Fibromyalgia causes her severe bouts of pain, and she is unable to stay put in one spot without feeling like she was skewered by freshly sharpened needles into every nerve ending. Her social anxiety is heightened when she is alone and is around people who she does not know. Kirstie is unfit for jury duty, with plenty of paper work and ESA to prove it.