Yes, I am a Canadian!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Yes, I am a Canadian!.

2012-07-28 21:18

this is a No brainer...
Jeannie

2012-07-31 04:23

We were born abroad as children of Canadian Service Men & Woman, I have a D.N.D Birth Certificate. I have Worked in Canada & paid Taxes & Canada Pension to Canadian Government. I have a S.I.N.
Thank-You ! Jean Louise Piovesan, Canadian Army Brat Born abroad. I was born  Iserlohn West Germany

2012-08-02 16:45

I have a D.N.D. Birth Certificate. I live in Windsor, Ontario and cross the border quite often. I started having trouble in the 80's as the US Border Guards had apparently never seen one before. I finally gave in and got a Canadian Citizenship Card. So, now I have the D.N.D. Certificate, the Citizenship Card and a Passport! I also have my German Birth Certificate. I was born, off base to a German National so I have dual citizenship. (Should I chose to claim my German status.)

2014-02-18 19:56

My father served in the Canadian Army . My parents were transferred to Germany with my three sisters then I was born in1963. They moved back to Canada 4 mths later. I have lived here my whole life, worked since a teenager, I am a part business owner and paid my taxes. I am 50 years old and the government tells me I am not a Canadian Citizen so I can not have a passport. Extremely frustrated especially when we asked about if my taxes will be returned to me and the government employee hung up. Please help and thank you.