Bring Leigh Bennie back to Radio 702 & Cape Talk 567

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Bring Leigh Bennie back to Radio 702 & Cape Talk 567.

GaryB

#1 Hey

2013-02-19 08:21

Love Leigh Bennie and the Car show but Primedia does not deserve her or the Car Talk team. 702 just full of themselves.

2013-03-15 21:00

Talk Radio 702 is not the same without Leigh Bennie. In fact its become boring, with too much talk about various sporting activities.

She is sorely missed by those who enjoyed her programes (and she had a huge following).Radio 702 is the worse off without her

2013-03-18 09:17

It is very short sighted to haved stopped these popular shows, especially a Word on Cars. That was the highlight of my Friday!
Disgruntled "702 addict"

#4 Leigh Bennie and other shows removed from 702

2013-03-19 14:06

Shame on Radio 702 AND Cape Talk!! You remove much loved presenters and - shows, such as thoise presented by Leigh Bennie! I cannot bear to listen to 702's evening shows anymore!
Many of my friends feel the same! The poor guys who pesent the 'sport shows' are trying their best, BUT, it's NOT very entertaining, nor interesting! Just look how people reacted to the removal of the 'Bandstand'!
Also, what's happened to 'Believe it or not'? We miss dear Kate Trukington!

#5 Cape Talk

2013-04-02 09:56

Far too much sport on the radio at popular listening times. We now swith off and then forget to switch back on because they go on for so long. Result our radio listening time as gone down a lot and we miss the interesting programmes. Cape Talk is not the same it has become boring, such a great pity.
cAROL

#6 Re: Cape Talk

2013-04-09 15:34

#5: - Cape Talk 

Bring Leigh back. I am really off 702 now.    NOT everyone wants sport and why five days a week.  702 so boring now. 

PLEASE LEIGH LET US KNOW WHERE YOU ARE - !!!!

2013-04-10 16:32

this is the most damaging thing about podcasts - i only realised she was gone when I had listened to the last and then went to the web and found Leigh's GONE !! what on earth is going on with 702 !! Redi and John left and then nothing ....
Disappointed

#8 Leigh Bennie and her interesting programmes

2013-04-14 16:22

I really miss Leigh and the variety she presented on 702. Her show addressed universal issues and her sunny personality made her seem like a friend. As a pensioner with limited TV programming available, Leigh was the highlight of my evenings. I couldn't be bothered now. Switch off after The Money Show. 702 claims they want to cater to the "broader S.A. population", so I expect more unwelcome changes.

2013-04-21 09:37

Leigh was an amazing broadcaster. My husband & my favourite show was her car show on a Friday night. What a loss!

2013-05-13 12:52

Bring Leigh Bennie back, she's got the best voice on radio.

2013-05-13 19:34

Leigh is SO professional and really kept the standard of Radio high.
I really feel this is a BAD decision. it will definitely affect my hours of listening
pawl

#12 702 revised programming

2013-05-19 05:44

OK, so I have tried to listen to the "new" 702.
My conclusions; 702 is no longer aimed at me, I am in my sixties, a "boomer" who is very neglected apart from Classic FM where I now draw solace. I think the marketing
'pony tails" (thank you John Robbie) have forgotten which age group has the most disposable income, a wonderful book called "Trends", written by Tom Peters should be compulsory reading for the would be strategists of 702.

2013-05-26 11:33

I miss Leigh Bennie greatly on 702 It will never be the same without her!! We need her back urgently!!!!
Ex Guest

2013-05-27 07:03

Listen to your CUSTOMERS 567 & 702 !!!
You are missing the plot.Leigh Bennie & 'the boys' - brilliant.
It's not about what makes you happy - it's about your customers.
I've tried and tried but it's not for me anymore.
Good luck and thank you for the previous (great!) years.
Maujy

#15 Cape Talk going down the drain

2013-06-02 18:06

I have been listening to Cape Talk since the first day they went on air and have always found it a wonderful radio station so much so that family and friends intrigued by my blasting the horn for Cape Talk tried it out and became avid listeners themselves. However slowly we have found that there really isn't anything worthwhile listening to anymore in the evenings and on weekends. There is far too much sports talk. We need Leigh Bennie and Kate Turkington back.....like from 7 in the evenings for 3 hours...We need weekend afternoon talk shows with presenters interacting with listeners....how about a quiz show? One can only listen to so much music but morning noon and night Saturdays and the whole day Sunday is way too much...its nauseating....I just switch off. We have some wonderful presenters for evening and weekend shows.....Leigh, Kate, Udo and whats happened to Bobby Brown? And I'm sure Africa would be quite agreeable to hosting a talk show weekend afternoons. Please Cape Talk I beg you reconsider your evening and weekend shows.

2013-06-12 16:52

Please also bring back Kate Turkington on a Sunday night ( Believe it or not ). Cape Talk line up is awful ..... :-(

2013-07-20 16:41

The evening are SOOOOOOOOO BORING WITHOUT LEIGH BENNIE!! PLEASE BRING HER BACK!!!!

2013-07-30 07:40

I really miss Leigh Bennie with her  fresh , sparkling personality and a natural voice . When I sent a message via facebook to 702 I was told they had based the decision on 'focus groups' who monitor the station.Nobody asked me and they never do at 702 or multichoice.They carry on and put morons in place of real talent.As we see with David o Sullivans replacement during the afternoon Xolani Gwala who is just plain inept and boring. We should all switch off

2013-08-01 15:31

This petition is an excellent idea!
Leigh Bennie was one of my favourites on 702 and I would love her to be back again!!

2013-08-08 15:29

What made me listen to Leigh's show was the educational and expert advise on lots of issues. Now you have to pay for that kind of advise. Sport doesn't add anything educational, but it's there to entertain. Bring back the show.

2013-08-27 12:01

I downloaded the podcasts from all the 'word on ....' series, nothing but rubbish now .......

#22 Leigh Bennie

2013-09-07 07:15

Yes please bring Leigh back.! And while you,re at it give Udo his slot as weekend presenter back. He was very pleasant
We now have Afrika Melane seemingly presenting every second show. Overkill!

2013-09-26 17:03

I like Udo, but I loved Leigh.

2013-10-06 14:45

Agree with all the people above - Leigh is sorely missed and was an asset and brand ambassador for 702/ 567. Have reverted to downloading as many podcasts as I can of her shows as they were not only topical but worthwhile.

2013-10-09 12:48

I agree, bring Leigh Bennie back! I did write to Cape talk but received no answer. Sport is highly overrated :)