Joan Baez deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Joan Baez deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

Autorul petitiei

#1 Completare la petitie

2013-03-15 22:20

Great artist Joan Baez was actively involved in the great problems of mankind. The first place is of course subject to PACE. His song "We Shall Overcome / We shall overcome" best expresses his belief younger generation. At the cost of lives cut short prematurely "great bodies of American democracy" by marches and protests by hundreds of thousands of people that stopped the Vietnam war generation which, unfortunately, were massacred millions of Vietnamese. Of course by using a technique supersofisticată the U.S. military who have missed bombardment aviation including chemical bombs tested first without remorse, human beings. U.S. officials did everything to hide its human losses. But after a few years that generation discovers lying government that hid hundreds of thousands of victims, when antiwar marches major trigger that particularly stands and Joan Baez.
Joan Baez has a heart that embraced all mankind. Songs of famous artists have spring in the mountains of aspirations but also suffering human planetary highest peaks unfortunately appeared (out of nowhere or fog) in the last century.
Large contribution to world peace artist can not measure one. I think without sacrificing Joan Baez and her younger generation would have been millions of lives cut short in a few years. It's combatants who defend their country, children women, men, old or young all the territory attacked and devastated by bombs including chemicals but also combatants who were inoculated to fight for democracy, etc. But that generation has moved some peoples consciousness of peace. Unfortunately most people agree to be governed by arrogants or servants leaders who participate in policy and harmful invisible planet.
I believe, from the Nobel Peace Prizewinners 40 years list, Joan Baez missing. Committee in Norway dealing with one category (PACE, the other dealing Sweden) Nobel prize would be indifferent to sacrifice for peace (and thus for nonviolent) made ​​by Joan Baez and her generation.

2013-03-21 15:35

She deserves the Nobel Peace Prize more than any person I know of.

2013-03-26 23:16

I have signed! I also belive she should have The Swedish Polar Prize!

2013-03-27 19:22

Joan Baez has ceaselessly been the embodiment of Peace Movement throughout her life. She has gone everywhere that Peace was an option.
Certainly that can hardly be said for Nobel Prize recipient predecessors.
It seems highly fitting that the Peace Prize by given to a lifelong practitioner and advocate for Peace.

2013-11-04 23:21

NOT giving the peace prize to Joan Baez says more about the Norwegian Peace prize commettee, than it says about the peace work of Joan Baez.

2015-02-03 08:47

She deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. It was her lifelong commitment.

2015-07-22 10:26

No-one deserves this award more than Joan Baez - Joan has been fighting for worldwide peace all her life. We love you Joan.

2015-07-22 11:06

Who would deserve it more?
Tanz ✌

2015-07-22 11:14

Joan has lived her life for peace... She is very deserving of this award xx

2015-07-22 11:51

I did my dissertation on Joan's political activities re nonviolent resistance. Both of my doctoral fathers agreed that Joan would definitely deserve the Nobel Prize ;)!

2015-07-22 11:52

Because I truely believe she deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

2015-07-22 14:29

Joan Báez has been a consistent peace activist ALL of her life! Ms. Báez is indeed worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize. Thank you, IRC

2015-07-22 15:25

It was through listening to Joan that I was introduced many years ago, as a young teenager, to the concept of non- violence. I totally admire Joan for her lifelong commitment to human rights, non- violence and peaceful resistance to war. She truly deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

2015-07-22 21:01

she deserves it

2015-07-22 21:18

Joan Baez was and is an international inspiration to world peace

2015-07-22 23:06

Because she has done more for peace than the peace prize winner sitting in the white house killing people every day by using cowardly drones

2015-07-23 00:44

Because I believe Joan is very deserving of the Nobel Peace prize for her avid activism and for her unabashed support of Amnesty International.

2015-07-23 13:01

Freedom of speech means a lot to me...and she was not alone. At Penn State, students lined up to hear her the night before she came to speak. I joined her in London in the spring of '65 when she filled Trafalgar Square with people who wanted to hear her words again. She has never stopped. She has made us all think, worldwide, of an alternate world within our grasp.

2015-07-24 06:02

Ms. Báez has committed her entire life to seeking peace and peaceful solutions to the conflicts that exist worldwide. She deserves to not only be considered. but honored with the Nobel Peace Prize. Thank you, IRC

2016-11-06 07:37

S'il y une personne sur cette terre qui mérite le Nobel de la Paix, c'est Mme Baez. Cette grande dame a consacré sa vie entière à la non-violence, à la paix, à la décence humaine et à la compassion. Si nous vivons encore dans un monde rempli de violence et de haine, c'est qu'il y a trop peu de personnes qui ont des convictions aussi fortes et inébranlables que la sienne.