Funding for Fermoy International Poetry Festival

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Funding for Fermoy International Poetry Festival.

Anonymous

2014-02-09 15:13

This appalling injustice has to be reversed.

2014-02-09 15:44

What has happened to the funding for the Fermoy International Poetry Festival in Ireland, a prestigious event at which I am proud to be performing this year, looks extremely suspect. If such things were to happen in South Africa, the world would be calling foul. The fact that it is happening in a European country does make it any less corrupt. I support this petition and hope that you will do so also. Thank you.

2014-02-09 18:05

A worthy cause near and dear to my heart. Please sign!

2014-02-09 19:23

It's an outrage this has to be done, Fermoy Town council you should be ashamed of yourselves and your Mayor needs to join the que on the dole line!!
Si Philbrook

2014-02-09 22:24

This has to be sorted out. You have my full support

2014-02-09 22:58

The international Poetry festival is very good for Fermoy. Poets around the world know this and they plan their travel to Ireland for the festival. Does the city council know what a gem it has?

2014-02-09 23:26

The fermoy international poetry festival and its reknown world wide is largely due to the selfless dedication and hard work of Gene barry and his amazing poetry group.I find the taking away of their funding to be outrageous and nothing sort of glory hunting by the parties involved. Shame on you!

2014-02-10 01:08

Fermoy International Poetry Festival is an event worthy of far more respect than it has been shown of late by the Fermoy Town Council. Do the honorable thing. Sort it out.

2014-02-10 02:51

I was invited as a guest poet for the Fermoy International Poetry Festival last year. I must say that the town of Fermoy got lots of International recognition through this festival. I loved the entire festival, the hard work put in by Gene Barry and Margo is really appreciable. While, it is nice to promote arts and more festivals, I can't digest the fact that some people who matter want to kill an already ongoing and successful festival instead of encouraging their initiative.
Lots of international poets have connected with Fermoy through this poetry festival and so have our fans.
Please rethink and support the festival once again.
Thank you
Doubt'cha Boyyy

2014-02-10 16:10

Wishing the society all the best in the fighting of this injustice

2014-02-10 20:13

I wish I could describe the behaviour of this 'Mayor' as shocking, only it's not surprising, merely offensive in its brazen show of under-the-counter cronyism. Truly, this level of corruption makes me sick to be considered as 'Irish' as those who have played and continue to play along with this underhand manipulation of public funding.

2014-04-29 12:00

This could have been our first time in Ireland, plus listening to our daughter read some of her poetry. I don't know the local politics but sounds to me like there is a power play going on. Hope it is resolved. We have yet to book our tickets.

2014-04-29 22:33

I have been invited to read at this year's festival - a dream come true for me - would hate to see this dream shattered..not only for myself but for all the poets both international and local that benefit from this wonderful event.