Stop Roseacre uniform changes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop Roseacre uniform changes.

2014-03-21 18:50

As the grandparent who contributes to the uniform costs of a Roseacre pupil I feel that parents should have been consulted as to whether they
A. Feel a new uniform is required/necessary
B. What styles and colours would be the most popular.
Very badly handled situation.

2014-03-21 20:19

Uniform looks cheap and tacky no class what so ever. Not opposed to a new uniform just not one that's the same as about 5 schools already in Blackpool. We stand out and look smart with the uniform we have why change it.

2014-03-21 20:45

"we have looked at practicality, comfort, smartness and value when selecting the uniform" practicality and value!?!? would be interested to see exactly how this has been 'looked at' given that every item (bar plain grey trousers) will no doubt be stocked in 2 shops only within a ten mile radius and at a premium!

2014-03-21 20:49

Can't say that this uniform is particularly appealing! The existing one is far better. I would have thought that parents who pay for uniforms should be given choices, rather than have this thrust upon them. This appeal I hope will attract many signatures and give the powers that be something to think about. Good luck with this appeal.

2014-03-21 20:50

Shirt and tie looks smart, this new colour scheme is horrendous and looks cheap..parents should have been consulted.

#6 School boy error!

2014-03-21 21:01

Epic fail from a new head clearly trying to make her mark........perhaps you should remember that parents matter! What happened to the 'Roseacre family' unless of course the school has now become that boring Aunty no one likes and this move is the equivalent to the very bad Xmas jumper gift from her!

2014-03-21 21:06

Happy with current uniform. The children look smart with shirt and tie. The colours are recognised to the school. How much will it cost to change the signage, letterheads, branding of the school etc? Who pays for that?

2014-03-21 21:26

I also think the heritage and the tradition is important. This uniform is unique and distinct and allows our school to stand out.

#9 Highfield clones

2014-03-21 21:31

Is it just me or is this very much a mini high field uniform!? Why can't our children have their own unique identity and why do they school think they are more important than parents? You can't please everyone with a uniform but surely we have a right to be consulted and go with the majority?

2014-03-21 21:31

A differentiation between uniforms is important for easy ID and with the number of stranger warnings given out over the last few years I want my kids to stand out. To be the same colors as nearby schools is too confusing.

2014-03-21 21:54

do we get help in buying uniforms?? not anymore my parents help me out and what can be bought at supermarkets helps alot, ive seen these colours before in other schools, and the cheque is Americanised, a friend of mine used to go this school and was brown then why change it now?

2014-03-21 21:56

more expense!! no need for change

2014-03-21 22:08

Not happy about the plan to change the uniform!!! Other academy's in the area that are changing their uniforms are buying each child one full set of uniform to set them off! Even if I was given a set for each day I would sooner keep the uniform they have now! Where was the consultation with the parents and community??? I have to children at the school who had no idea about this plan???
The uniform looks cheep and tacky!!! I always get my uniforms from m and a, they are cheaper and much better quality that first class kids!!! Polo shirts are too informal, they fade easily and can not be bleached etc!!! This is a massive mistake with no consideration for the financial implications this will have for many families!!!
annoyed mum!

#14 not impressed at all!

2014-03-21 22:13

Im furious with the lack of consultation with the parents! I personally don't like the brown trousers/skirts for girls, , its hard to buy for, but brown IS Roseacre! thought they'd change to something easier to buy not harder! Plus new PE kits, book bags, who can afford all this???

2014-03-21 22:15

The uniform is hiddious and adding more cost to fortune already spent by parents replacing uniforms not only when they grow, but with general wear and tear, bad decisions made without consulting parents

2014-03-21 22:32

Roseacre brown school uniform is instantly recognisable. Change the style if needs be, but why change the colour? I have always thought how smart the children look.

2014-03-21 23:41

Change the girls to dark grey to match the boys if the brown for the girls is the issue. Very sad day if the tradition and history of the school is binned by the new blood at the helm.

2014-03-21 23:44

Shame the year 5's didn't focus their persuasive writing project on a one way system or not parking on zig zags. Making the school run safer for all would be massively supported and would have been a great triumph and start for Mrs Carroll.

2014-03-22 00:10

About right dis-regard to any obstacle such as parents who may have another opinion. Aren't teachers trained to listen to all sides/parties.....!

2014-03-22 04:57

Cannot believe that us, as parents,
have had no say over this matter. We are the ones that have to pay for it. Don't fix what isn't broke Mrs Carroll. Roseacre was just fine before you came along!

2014-03-22 05:14

The orange rose has been the school emblem for years, why suddenly change it?

#22 You do the maths

2014-03-22 08:03

3 x school shirts from asda £5, 3 x logo polo shirts from 1st class kids I'm guessing £18ish. I bought plain white school shirts from Aldi last year for £1.99 for 2!! They have lasted all year and washed perfectly. Polo shirts fade and don't keep their shape well. It will also produce a generation of kids who never learn how to do a tie properly.

2014-03-22 08:21

So is the new badge yellow or blue? It's blue on yellow and yellow on blue so which is the schools badge?

2014-03-22 08:50

Must admit I do like the tartan skirt, however I do not think polo shirts look anywhere near as smart as shirt and tie. I would prefer white shirt and blue/yellow tie. I do think parents should have had some say in this process as it will be a costly change.

2014-03-22 09:32

The polo shirt looks tacky the colour is terrible, the shirt and tie is by far smarter and my 2 children prefer the current uniform.
Although the tartan skirt does look smart it is completely unacceptable for the school to make any changes without consulting parents and carers first as it is us that will have to pay a ridiculous amount at a shop that already over charges and scrimps on quality.