Faversham Yellow Lines

Faversham Yellow Lines / Announcements / Campaign update 5 - silver lining / Comments

2014-05-24 17:26

How many boroughs have been taken to court and fined for not applying yellow lines where the law says they should be applied?
Why couldn't the borough create a bylaw to ban parking, rather than all this road graffiti.

2014-05-24 17:38

Well we tried. It seems the body's that we vote for as our representatives have become obsolete as they no longer seem to be fit for purpose. Anything that the people of Faversham feel strongly about has to be fought by groups that form outside the council and use their time to try and make what usually seems to be the obvious and correct decisions that our representatives seem unable to see. There are so many examples - this is the latest. Thank goodness artists can ignore the yellow lines and photographers can take them out. What a shame visitors and locals alike will have to live with them. Keep up the good work and lets hope the cheap paint fades quickly!

2014-05-24 17:43

As soon as you knew you were going to meet the Head of Service Delivery you should have realised you would just get Govt gobbledygook that in summary would boil down to we know no one wants this but we don't care because it's our decision and we are the Govt. It would have obviously set a dangerous president to listen to what the people wanted.

2014-05-24 18:07

Thank you, Tim, for all your hard work. Judith

2014-05-24 21:47

Thank You for your hard work Tim. I feel the elected town representitives are no longer engaging the residents in the decision making process. I agree with you in that the methods of communication used are out of date and not fit for purpose. We can only hope that they will be embarrassed by the destruction they are causing.

2014-05-24 23:22

Congratulations on your efforts.
I am not aware that there are so many transgressions warranting yellow lines. There are after all clear signs on lampposts.
If the heart of Faversham is unique and needs to be maintained for a whole series of reasons then what is the logic behind destroying its uniqueness. In this day and age communication can be done in so many different, quick and effective ways why use a 20th Century approach.
Keep up the campaign!

2014-05-25 02:12

Thank you for all the efforts you have made on behalf of this historic town. I am sure the Resident's support will continue to be given to your ongoing campaign.

2014-05-25 08:27

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of Faversham and good sense - I will continue to support you. Once again the council has shown how little they care for the people they represent, how inflexible they remain in the face of considered opinion backed up by research. Once again the easy option - we've made a decision (no matter how barmy) and that's that.

2014-05-25 09:07

Thank you for all the work you have put in to try to avert a senseless move by those that control us. I was disappointed when I contacted my ward representative, to know she was all for the scheme. At least I now know whom I will NOT be voting for come the local elections.
Ilaria

2014-05-25 11:04

From hundreds of miles away, my heart sinks... well, good on you for trying!
Is it not unbelievable that the standard call for planning consultations remains sticking A4 notices on lamp posts? This is true everywhere, not just in Faversham where they might argue that being a small town and concerning only the local community, such a system is fair... it's true everywhere, even in London. I once asked planning in a couple of London boroughs if they could at least send a monthly newsletter listing new planning applications and details of consultation processes. Answer? Duh?!? I think you should turn this into a much bigger campaign on how consultations are advertised and run!

2014-05-25 18:38

Tim do you know what the coat of painting these lines is compared told the "revenue" it will supposedly generate?

2014-05-26 17:36

It is hard to understand how organizations which purport to understand the importance of Faversham's heritage can take such a cavalier attitude to both its heritage and its tourism value.
Harold Goodwin

2014-06-11 20:26

Tim, you have been marvellous in this matter! Well done you for putting in all that effort on behalf of the rest of us. We all appreciate your work!