CHILD ABUSE ON WILLING WILLIE SHOW OF TV5 (by Froilan Grate)

/ #218 Petition

2011-04-15 09:06

I'm confused why you singled out janjan's dancing in willing willie when in fact there's a lot of tv programs in other tv networks showing unbecoming acts of children just to get the nods of judges. For instance, the 8 year old girl who was bell dancing during the audition of Pilipinas Got Talent Season 2. The girl was wearing a bra, her entire tummy exposed, her face and hair fully made up to make her look older why she danced seductively to the music. She even got a "yes" vote from the 3 judges. Unfortunately, nobody tweeted about it. At least janjan was fully clothed when he danced. And for those who were not able to watch the whole episod of willing willie, the boy did not cry because he was forced to dance. He cried when he saw bonel balingit standing beside him, and whose child wouldn't be? Balingit is so big! I bet most of you only saw a segment of the show which was maliciously posted in youtube.

If we are really serious in protecting the rights of our children, the rules should apply to all other tv programs. Singling out one tv show is very unfair and only confirmed the suspicion that there's something fishy about this case. If janjan only danced in Eat Bulaga or in any other ABS CBN show, I'm sure nobody would give a damn! What's the difference between a boy doing a macho dance and a girl, partially clothed doing a sexy belly dance?

Those artists, politicians and so called champions of children's rights, instead of blaming the parents and show organizers, they should first and foremost analyzed the root cause on why janjan and other kids like him, do what they did. As role models and legislators, what have you done to prevent such acts? Or are we all being hypocrites here?