Gloucester off leash beach petition supporters!

/ #17

2013-10-29 11:11

As many have said before please do not punish the dogs for a people problem. Dogs are ANIMALS as much as we treat them like our children because we love them it is wrong to try to contain them at all times. Leashes have a place and a purpose but any GOOD Dog owner knows the importance of letting there dog off leash for their and your peace of mind. It is essential to their health and wellness as well as mine. I have four dogs who love to roam and are friendly and well behaved I typically only go up into the woods where I would never put them on a leash that is the point of the woods for them and myself to get in touch with our wild side and RUN! My husband does love the beach in the winter as do they and everyone else who frequents with there dogs off leash.

Just because some do not wish to train their dogs should not be to the fault of all others this is more a people problem not a dog problem. Any issues I ever encounter tend to stem from the fact that dogs are uncomfortable on leashes because they cannot fend for themselves or be in control of themselves they need to interact and meet other dogs via free roaming to be comfortable with them . Owners who get tense make their dogs tense. Owners who get nervous make there dogs nervous. And not every dog is going to like each other just like we don't all like each other as humans. Every now and then we bark at each other and so do they, in no way am I advocating for dog fights but for a reasonable approach to this situation, why make dog owning more complicated it is a simple joy if you let it be.