ISD #728 Administration

/ #31

2014-01-08 21:36

As a former graduate of elk river, being able to teach in the district in which I grew up in, and have my children attend elk river schools was a honor for me. I feel like what is happening is an embarrassment to this district and to all of the teachers that go to work each day to provide our children the tool, skills and education necessary to be functioning people in this society. As parents we want our children to be well rounded and to find out where their passions in life lie. Taking away the all ready limited time in the arts is truly heartbreaking. We need to offer our children a variety of experiences so that they all have an opportunity to excel. As much as I understand that we pay people to make these tough decisions for the betterment of our schools, I think it is insane that this is being done so quickly, and without the support of parents and teachers. I know many teachers who feel that technology could be easily embedded in the curriculum. I fear that Mr Bezek's desire to make this district look 'attractive' is actually going to drive people away. I am very hesitant to begin my children's school career in this district under this leadership. Our schools would look very attractive if we didn't have overcrowded classes...that might be the first place to begin the changes. Not eliminating subjects that enhance our children's lives...
Thanks to those who are reading these comments. Please listen...we are concerned parents who won't hesitate to do what's best for our children, even if it does mean enrolling them in another school or district.