Petition against the legislation in KZN

Procyon

/ #30 Unecessary Drastic Action...

2015-01-19 06:59

I think that this legislation is absolutely absurb!! I have @ least 10 to 15 wild House Gecko's in my flat @ all times & they r never a menace of any sort!! As a matter of FACT, since the increase in their numbers within my abode, my mosquito problem & Common House Spider problem have decreased exponentially!! As for my Tarantula's, I cannot possibly have them euthenaised, as they ARE like my family!!! I have spent thousands of rands looking after them over the years & I am an avid hobbyist, I could NEVER willingly put them in harms way as they are innocent in all this & did not ask 2 be brought into being!! They are living creatures that have been around for millions of years longer than our species, Humanity!! Surely THEY deserve to be here MORE than we do????? This was THEIR planet first, we MUST respect them & their ancient lineage!! I'm very offended by the total lack of research done on this legislation & wish I could verbally (face-to-face) say to the powers that be, what morons they are for actually thinking I would willingly concurr!!! This is ridiculous to say the least!! Wake up Government, you are NOT GOD, you don't decide what innocent creatures must live or die, so I strongly suggest you euthenaise yourselves instead!!!