Petition against the legislation in KZN

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition against the legislation in KZN.

Sans

#26 Re:

2015-01-19 06:39

#4: -  

I think the greedy ones that need more money for their many wives and children, now we the people must suffer once again for the greed of all government run departments...

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-01-19 06:49

2015-01-19 06:54

What's next? A permit to keep food in your fridge? This is Ridiculous!!! Try and stop me I got thousands of tropical household gekko's!! And they all understand "attack"

2015-01-19 06:57

It is unfair to expect exotic pet owners to get permits
Procyon

#30 Unecessary Drastic Action...

2015-01-19 06:59

I think that this legislation is absolutely absurb!! I have @ least 10 to 15 wild House Gecko's in my flat @ all times & they r never a menace of any sort!! As a matter of FACT, since the increase in their numbers within my abode, my mosquito problem & Common House Spider problem have decreased exponentially!! As for my Tarantula's, I cannot possibly have them euthenaised, as they ARE like my family!!! I have spent thousands of rands looking after them over the years & I am an avid hobbyist, I could NEVER willingly put them in harms way as they are innocent in all this & did not ask 2 be brought into being!! They are living creatures that have been around for millions of years longer than our species, Humanity!! Surely THEY deserve to be here MORE than we do????? This was THEIR planet first, we MUST respect them & their ancient lineage!! I'm very offended by the total lack of research done on this legislation & wish I could verbally (face-to-face) say to the powers that be, what morons they are for actually thinking I would willingly concurr!!! This is ridiculous to say the least!! Wake up Government, you are NOT GOD, you don't decide what innocent creatures must live or die, so I strongly suggest you euthenaise yourselves instead!!!

2015-01-19 07:01

Unity makes strength

2015-01-19 07:03

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever come across and it should be disallowed you idiots who put it together haven't a working braincell between the lot of you. Stop this stupidness before something catastrophic happens

2015-01-19 07:06

My tarantulas and scorpion are my children. There is no way I will be able to get permits for all of them. It will be the same as putting my children up for adoption. How can anybody ask somebody else to do that?
Robert Wedderburn

2015-01-19 07:07

This is a senseless legislation based on fear and a lack of concrete evidence that any of these animals could ever even contribute to problems with our local fauna and flora. An outright ban is an unethical way to try to control the pet trade within the province and prevent exotic animals having an effect on the indigenous populations. There are far too many people that keep these animals as domestic pets and this will not change if this legalisation is to be passed.

In a free and fair society the question should never be, "Why should you have the right to do that?" but, "Why not?"

2015-01-19 07:09

No no no no no we keep our snakes safe away from mad people that wanna kill them no no no no

2015-01-19 07:19

Give us the tools to help manage the exotic industry and let us keep the animals we already have please!

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-01-19 07:42

2015-01-19 07:51

Good petition! The same is also happening in Port Elizabeth...

2015-01-19 08:01

This legislation cannot happen. A lot of people see these animals as their pets and love and care for them very much. It's also a form of income for hundreds of people and petshops around KZN and SA. Banning them is just as extreme as banning any domestic animal. Please, reconsider the feelings of the people who grow attached to their pets. It's really unnecessary since there hasn't been any problems about this, then why create problems???

2015-01-19 08:12

This take education and learningto n new level and make it a challenge

2015-01-19 08:13

I cant imagine a pet owner willing to kill their pets due to lack of permits. homes should be evaluated and permits granted free of charge to responsible families. New owners may follow the permit system. all exotic animals can be tracked.

2015-01-19 08:15

Nationally the species that were considered a problem were agreed upon and permits are to be issued for keeping these species in captivity and now 4 months later Ezemvelo decide they are superior to National and try ti implement their own list with no scientific evidence to back it up. This is absurd to say the least. This is typical of Ezemvelo's decision making. They dont consult with many of the stakeholders.

2015-01-19 08:27

Save this hobby.. Please

2015-01-19 08:29

Save it please.

2015-01-19 08:30

Dont destroy ourlove for them

2015-01-19 08:32

Absolutely absurt rediculis laughable and totally ignorant proposal

2015-01-19 08:33

Get everyone to sign
Schalk V

2015-01-19 08:34

I don't want to start a war. But there won't be a need for us to keep and breed species found on the endangered list if we can just leave their habitat alone..But unfortunately most of the tarantulas I have become food and pests....So im glad we have the few people that do breed them and keep them from going extinct...when all the rhinos are poached the world won't mind if a local breeder kept a few right ? Leave our hobby alone its not just for us its for our future....

2015-01-19 08:35

Tarantulas rock...

2015-01-19 08:37

To a certain degree I understand why certain animals should need permits but I do not agree with this. Hoping to stop it before it hits all of South Africa.