West Liberty University College Hall & Ceramics

/ #4

2015-04-21 20:19

I am signing this as an alumni because I utilized both buildings while I was a student at West Liberty University. I am infuriated that these buildings may be shut down, and it makes it seem like the administration sees the arts as an expendable part of the campus to cut. College Hall is important to the music department and events on campus, a place where there is ample seating for concerts and a beautiful stage that should be kept open for student use. I've had classes and went to many events in that building, and it would be a shame to close it. The Annex was where I spent two semesters learning ceramics and it was one of the most challenging and rewarding classes on this campus, and unless there are plans to move this class, the building should stay open. The university is hurting itself by alienating a vital part of its campus, targeting the Arts and Communications department with its cuts. We will not stand for this, and I hope the right decision is made, lest the university wants to see the student population drop dramatically.