The Case is Altered should not be renamed.

/ #1

2017-04-10 06:52

I just heard the article about your petition on Radio 4. Congratulations and well done. The style and names of our pubs form a massive part of our identity and culture, which is fast being eroded in so many ways. They provide a unique selling point for pub businesses if they apply some creativity.
Although I now live in Ilkley, Yorkshire, I was particularly interested by this case as I grew up 200m from the Case is Altered in Wealdstone. At first I though the radio piece may be about the Wealdstone pub, although I am also familiar with the Eastcote local. The Wealsbtone pub was set back from the High Street, next to the Police station- a dominating, severe building with a cobbled forecourt. Its austerity seemed completely at odds with its sign - a flamenco dancer in a crimson dress. I suspect it no longer exists - such a shame. Unique and unusual names of pubs are precious and so interesting. I can remember it clearly after not seeing it for 30+ years. Thank you for doing something to save this one in Eastcote. I hope it thrives. Jenny Burke